Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quinny Strollers on steps and slopes

mamamei is offline Registered User

Quinny Strollers on steps and slopes

Am slowly and painfully narrowing down my choice of strollers and would love to hear some feedback on how a Quinny Zapp handles steps and slopes both as a maxi-cosi capsule 'on legs' for a newborn and as an upright stroller. Thanks!

tonilee is offline Registered User
    Haven't used it with the maxicosi, but imagine it would be the same. Basically it's fine, though there's not much suspension, but I did manage to break off the cover of the brake pedal coming down some steps the other day...the wheels are not quite big enough to roll down the steps without catching the pedals. This aside, we love it, easy to manoeuver, light to carry, easily stows in boot of taxi. Only down side for us is that it takes 2 hands to collapse, unfold.

Bumblebzz is offline Registered User
    I looked at the Quinny too. Sorry I could''nt say how it handles...but I did speak to couple that traded in their Quinny for a Bugaboo.

They were'nt happy with the way the Quinny handled.Did'nt give me details I'm afraid.

Sometimes the best reviews are found on Google.

Here's one website with Quinny Zapp reviews:

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/informati...duct.asp?id=22

good luck

Thanks for your comments, tonilee and bumblebzz -- I seem to be having the hardest time making a decision on strollers. None of them seem to do everything you would want it to!

Coco is offline Registered User
    I have a Quinny Buzz and I couldn't be happier with it. It takes one simple step to fold, although you do need a little force, and its amazing to unfold, just one tap with your foot or hand and it springs up by itself. I choose it over the Zapp cause it reclines in 3 positions. The only down side is that it is a bit big when holded and a little heavy. Also easy to maneouver. I am more than happy with it ! Good luck. Look at the reviews on the internet and best of all is go to the shops and try them out. Remember though there is no perfect push chair that has it all !!!!!

Coco, I *really* wanted the Quinny Buzz but when it all came down to it, I just couldn't lift it on my own! I am very petite (or 'weedy' as my husband charmingly puts it) so in the end, I think I'll go for the Zapp plus a MaxiCosi carseat for when the baby is newborn and then buy a lightweight reclining stroller like the Maclaren Quest once Baby is too big to fit into the carseat.

Would have loved a proper travel system that saves me buying another stroller further down the line, but I just couldn't find anything that was the right weight that didn't feel 'plasticky' or anything more sturdy that I could actually handle on my own. Other moms have this problem too?

gidget is offline Registered User
    Hi Mammamei,

Don't worry you are not alone, I am having exactly the same dilemma. The Quinny Zapp isn't perfect for what I want, but seems to be closest to it. The lack of shoping storage and non reclining seat, are it's drawbacks.

I had my heart set on the Bugaboo and then the Buzz, but they are just too huge for me. Not just to carry if I'm going up and down stairs, but also I will not have a car and can't imagine myself on the footpath trying to get into a taxi with either of those.
    I also travel a lot, and both of those would be a lot more difficult on the plane. {The Zapp can go on board into the overhead locker}

The Zapp, SHOULD be able to folded one handed, most of the user reviews I have read say that it does, I guess it just takes some practice. It also stands up by itself when folded which the umbrella strollers do not.

Like you I want a travel system, so I can take the Maxi Cosi with it for cab rides.

The only other pram I am still thinking about is the Micralite. Mother Care can order them in, but I have not found any store here with a display model which puts me off buying. The advantage it has over the Zapp is that the seat does recline a little {there are 2 positions} and you can also fit a carry cot on it for a new born.

fly
    fly is offline Registered User
    I have got a Quinny Zapp and the Maxi-cosi carseat for my son to use from birth up to 6 months. He's 7 months now so the carseat has outlived its usefulness, so I'm looking to sell it. If anyone is interested just drop me a pm.

Back to the subject, and not to sound too biased as a customer, but I think the Quinny is great for size and excellent turning ratio, but its got obvious drawbacks (no recline or storage space making for limited trips). We haven't had any problems with steps or slopes, but as a 3-wheeler, it does take some getting used to. Also I would consier that if you're in a less than urban environment (i.e. very little / no pavement), it may be less than ideal since the Bugaboo-types may offer better shock absorbing wheels. My son doesn't seen to mind, fortunately, and I've not test-driven any Bugaboos to compare, this is just from what I've come across from my research on the web.

cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast