Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Where are you, August Moms?

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

Gave birth to my baby boy two weeks early and can't believe a month has gone by already.

My boy worried us these past few days - he wouldn't take the bottle with my breastmilk so I ended up breastfeeding him directly - my hubby wanted to feed at times so that I can catch up with some sleep. Apparently it was the bottle nipple that had to be changed from 0 month to 1 month +.

I assumed you are all busy looking after your baby but do keep in touch.

acpurples is offline Registered User
    Hi August moms, how is everyone coping so far? My baby girl was due Aug 5 and was born July 28.
    You mentioned bf through your messages. I have been bf my girl since birth and have just started back at work this week. Am scheduled to express twice while at work and would love to share with anyone who is also experiencing the same. There is such a vast knowledge on bf alone, am just dying to share thoughts from other moms on this aspect too!

My baby was born on 27th supposed to be dued on 8th Aug. I've started work this week too and do miss my boy. I breastfed him since birth too and supplemented it with formula milk as I didn't have much breastmilk coming out despite drinking all sorts that suppose to increase the supply but obviously it didn't help. I was only able to pump 1-2oz last week so I've stopped completely this week as my baby takes in 5 fl oz per feed and I cannot provide for his demand. Just glad that I had managed to breastfeed, anyway.

Well good luck with the expressing as I would have loved to be able to do that. My friends used to express at lunchtime and just after work - she had plenty of it and this helped with the engorgement.

mamamei is offline Registered User
    Gosh, so sorry for the radio silence, it has been ages since I have visited this thread.

Our littly monkey ended up coming MUCH sooner than we expected -- 4 weeks early! But since then, he has been an absolute angel. Thriving on breastfeeding (75th percentile in both height and weight) and sleeping through the night.

I still have a few months to go before I have to go back to work so will definitely be looking to you guys for tips on how to cope with being away from bubs... not to mention milk-management!

acpurples is offline Registered User
    mamamei,
    You are so lucky to be able to spend so much more time with your little angel. My bb is now 3.5 months and I went back to work last Monday, missed her terribly during the day. Miraculously, they seem to know that you have been away for the day and wants to snuggle up to you as you are home. bb actually slept through the night when she was about 2 months old and was rather steady. However, she had been waking up in the middle of the night all last week. I have been asking around and it seems that she has just been missing mummy's scent during the day and wants to make it up when she can. :crib
    It pinches my heart to know that...... Though extremely tired out because of it, when you see her cutie little smile as she goes back to sleep after feeding, all is well worth it!

Just wanna say hi to you guys - how are you coping and have you started fedding solids to your bubs?

mamamei is offline Registered User
    Hi there! I haven't checked this forum in ages... Too much going on with work and the baby I guess.

Started solids last week and seems to be going well so far. We began with rice cereal, then moved onto mashed avocado (which my son LOVES) and now we are experimenting with steamed pumpkin. I'm feeding twice a day, at 11am and 5:30pm. How about you? Started yet? I can't believe our babies are 6 months old already. Time sure does fly...

Hi mamamei,

We started solids a couple of weeks ago (when he was 5.5 mths) with rice cereal and he did not like it from the spoon (spoon made of silicon) so in the end I used my fingers which he was happy with. I guess it's the change from sucking to swallowing that hit him and he was probably confused. I left it another week and he still did not like it from the spoon. On Saturday onwards, rice cereal everyday at around 11am and finally takes it from the spoon on Sunday so happy with that - got a bit worried that he would not be able to swallow probably.

How much milk does your bubs take now? My son takes 7floz 5 times a day. Sometimes when we go out he ends up taking half of it as he's more interested in looking around hence we go out just after his feed for a few hours in times for his next feed - bit of a hassle but since my son was of low birth weight we want him to drink up his milk as much as possible. He is still quite a small baby but gaining weight ok according to his birth weight.

I have been back at work full-time since Nov - are you a full-time mum? My hubby works from home so he looks after our son but I take over after work to give him a rest.

Yep, time flies and he makes our heart melts all the time with his motions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast