Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

coming off the pill

capital is offline Banned

Yo8u can go off the pill anytime, you don't need your doctors okay for that, but it can mess up your cycles until alll the hormaones are gone. When I went off I had one really short cycle, then one normal length, then one really long cycle, and then they were all normal length after that. I was off the pill for awhile before I tried getting pregnant, and then when we did try it was my 9th cycle that I finally got pregnant.

Clucky is offline Registered User

I will be coming off the pill in exactly one week's time and so after my 'withdrawl bleed' has finished, my husband and I are going to start trying for a baby straight away.

However, due to travel reasons last month I did not have a 'fake period'. Instead I just continued on with the next packet, and skipped the sugar pills. I never do this and I think the last and only time I did this was about 6 or 7 years ago.

Can anyone tell me, would skipping my 'fake period' and taking 2 packets in a row, have any negative affects on my cycle? Afterall, I thought the pill gave you a fake period anyway, so once I stop, I would hope my cycle returns to normal shortly after. Being on the pill has always given me a 28 day cycle, but by skipping a 'fake period' and continuing on with the next packet of pills straight away, would it have changed the days on my cycle?

So confused!

Can anyone give me advice on this?

I have been taking the pill for 6 years

capital is offline Banned

I used to skip the sugar pills all the time, for months at a time, until I would have break thru bleeding, then I would have my "fake" period, then skip them for a while again. The pills are a completely artificail cycle where you do not ovulate, so whether or not you skip your fake period has no consequence, the hormones still need work there way out of your body, and then you will ahve normal cycles. Some people get pregant right away, for others they don't. The book" taking charge of your fetility" is very good at learning your body's signals of ovulation and how to optimize your chances of getting pregnant.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

I was off the pill for six months when I got pregnant with my first child. We were travelling for 3 months and then looking for work so this may explain why it took "so" long. I had been on the pill for 10 years. Second time didn't even take a month and we are expecting baby number two. Doctor says that the first month is common for pregnancy bacause of the all the hormones your body has back! Didn't consult anyone either time when I stoped. Good luck

diane26 is offline Registered User

I eveyone Im new please help.
    I just come off the pill last month Im trying for my 2nd baby but want to know will it take me really long to fall pregnant as i was on the pill for a good few years. If also started having sore boobs and im crying alot what could this mean? Im not saying im pregnant already even know we have been at it like rabbits lol I just dont understand why im getting these symptoms. please reply I need some help here lol

cuming of the pill

Hi eveyone im new to this please could anyone help me.

I am trying for my 2nd baby and i only came off the pill last month.
    I have beenon the pill for some time now.
    Does this mean it will take me a long time to become pregnant?

Please reply

im a few days late came off the pill last month im getting sore boobs and crying over any little thing Done a test to day but it was a BFN what should i do now?

Diane

Henny is offline Registered User

I am currently thinking of coming off the pill...I was just making sure that I can do it without going to the doctors? Its seems as though that is the general opinion...which is good because I hate going to the doctors!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast