- 06-28-2006, 03:59 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2006
- Hong Kong
I am doing a long haul flight tomorrow at 25 weeks pregnant, and just went and bought some flight socks for the journey as I read somewhere they were meant to be good for avoiding DVT. However, when I read the back, it said i should seek medical advice if pregnant before using them. Any one else ever used them or know why I should be careful if i do? Has it got anything to do with if you've got high blood pressure?
- 06-28-2006, 04:40 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
I bought two pairs & wore them on three long haul flts since I've been pregnant. My doctor highly advised them for my flts early on in my pregnancy...I'm sure your Dr. would too, but perhaps you should call and ask.
As a matter of fact, I still put them on every morning before I get out of bed. (I have alot of water retention).
The socks were such a huge help on the flts...& still are.
- By Obiwan in forum Baby TalkReplies: 0Last Post: 05-31-2010, 12:03 PM
- By carey in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 10Last Post: 05-29-2010, 09:01 AM
- By geomum in forum Everything ElseReplies: 10Last Post: 11-05-2009, 09:52 PM
- By Tobyrosa in forum Everything ElseReplies: 0Last Post: 09-17-2009, 04:31 PM
- By indaiDarin in forum Baby TalkReplies: 3Last Post: 07-14-2009, 05:47 PM