Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby acne

Kimmi is offline Registered User

Baby acne

My 6 week old baby has developed baby acne on his cheeks. Does anyone know if there is anything I can use to make it any better. Thanks

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Kimmi, are you sure it's baby acne and not eczema? I ask, because one pediatrician diagnosed my son with acne. It was not until I changed pediatrician that he explained to me that my son had eczema and gave me guidelines on how to help ease my son's discomfort. Just a thought.

engee is offline Registered User
    Kimmi, HK is right.
    My son had the same problem but the paed said it was due to the heat.Definitely not acne.

It wud be better to see a good paed regarding that.

Kimmi is offline Registered User

baby acne

Hi girls, thanks for the replys.
    Its not eczema as my 3 year old has eczema. Its mild baby acne or sweat spots I believe, caused by the obvious and hormones apparently. They are on the cheeks only and they come and go. They just resemble small zits. There's a natural product called Aquasilver Miracle Mist that treats it, but I dont think it's available in HK, I just wondered what HK Mums did for it, if anything. Thanks

cha-cha is offline Registered User
    i bought this liquid from Watsons, it's actually their own brand called "prickly heat lotion". it contains calomine, zinc oxide and a few other baby safe ingredients. my baby got the sweat spots on the creases of her neck. i used cotton wool to wipe a tiny amount of the liquid on her neck once a day and everything cleared up in 2 days. i think the liquid has a cooling effect aswell as she seemed to like it. hope this helps.

DTHY is offline Registered User
    My son had acnes on his face for a few weeks after birth - worse than a teenager's nighmare! The nurses and doctors at the health clinics said that this was very normal and was caused by a hormonal change. I didn't do any thing and just washed and bathed him as usual. The acnes went away after a few weeks - JUST DON'T PICK ON THEM. He now has perfect baby skin.