Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for Play Group for my 7 months' daughter on Saturday

Hokie is offline Registered User

Looking for Play Group for my 7 months' daughter on Saturday

My daughter is 7 months' old and I have to work on weekdays, hence looking for a Play Group about the same age. We stayed in Tai Kok Tsui but don't mind to travel around on Saturday.

Any recommendation for FLASH CARD play group are welcome to share.

:bighug

Tong.kate is offline Registered User
    Hokie,

Hi, I am Chinese and a working mum and have a baby son at 5.5 months now. I live in Tai Kwok Tsui, Park Avenue. It would be great if we can join some playgroup together. I do joined some group before in HK island, like Gymboree and KinderU, they are quite far away from here. So, also want to expose any opportunity to have friends and join playgroup near by. Any ideas?

Kate

Hokie is offline Registered User
    Hi Kate,

I'm a Chinese too and I stay in Park Avenue as well. I'm dooing some research on Playgroup now, but I learnt from my friend that KinderU is not so good, they will change the teacher without notifying you that the teacher is not native English speaker, only ABC. Also, my friend attends the class with her daughter and find they use the WRONG word to teach her daugher, so she quits.

carang is offline Registered User
    to hokie...
    ABC means american born chinese.... they ARE native speakers, just their skin is yellow, like yours! native speaker DOES NOT mean WHITE!

Hokie and Carang,

In fact, I have joined KinderU for once (baby connection- not flash card, focus more on simulation), mainly for some circle songs and activity and body exercise. Flash Card is not the main part. My baby enjoyed it very much. Some exercises, like pull up into the air and 倒立 , which I did not dare to do it by myself, were demostrated during the class, I practiced at home afterward and my son motion seems much better. In a way, I think the cost I paid for this lesson was rewarding. I have a colleague's son joining now. Her comment is positive. I am not sure if I will proceed to join or not, mainly for the reason of long travel. Of course, always changing tutor will be a concern. In fact, it would be great if we can locate a good one in TST or Mongkok, near Park Avenue is even better. I do read the books on Glenn Doman regardings right mind learning. I am interested, but not sure the effetiveness. Also, I remind myself that every method may have drawbacks, need to be aware of and not 100% limited to single one. Last but not the least, I am still interested. Let's try to search and share.

Recently, I am reading the 'Montessori, which highlight to let the Child to grow up by themselves. I think the concepts behind are quite good. Maybe you can study this as well and share.

By the way, have you ever consider Kindermusik. I have located one in Mongkok. I am considering to join. Are you interested?

FYI, do you know there is a very good resource center, called Heep Hong 協康會 in 海富. You can join the membership at 50 per year and borrow books of child care and toys. It is not bad.

Again, nice to talk to you all. Let's be open to share.

Kate

i actually teach baby playgroups using flashcards myself, but thanks anyway...

Carang,

That's great. Can you tell me more on your background, teaching experience and any course offer. You can email me at [email protected]. I don't mind to have ABC's to teach provided the quality is good with reasonable pricing and patient to baby.

Tks.
    Kate

i'm not an abc...i'm white, i'm married to a chinese man, so i have a chinese family name...i just feel badly for these poor people who can't get a job because they are chinese, even though they were born and raised in another country....

as for where i work, i just started a leave of absence as i'm pregnant now and am having many complications....

it's called Tots and Toddlers Plus. you can find it on the web...
    http://www.totsandtoddlers.com

my son started attending classes when he was only 7 months old and now he's 17 months old.... he loves it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast