Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

High chairs

Tisha is offline Registered User

Carang,

My kids are a year apart so they don't outgrow stuff to pass on to each other that easily. They end up buying 2x everything these days as my smaller one is pretty big and is going to be the same size as her older sister!

mother of 2 is offline Registered User

Carang,

I had one trip trapp chair and my intention was to give to my daughter and let my son sit on an adult chair, but he couldn't see properly and we kept having to put cushions on the chair to raise his height. In the end we brought a 2nd trip trapp chair now they have one each. My son is now 4 and my daughter nearly 2 and I'm sure we will still be able to use them for many years to come as they adjust with the height. In my opinion it is definiately money well spent.

kashismum is offline Registered User

I have the Stokke - got it one my LO was 6 months. I like the fact it doesn't have a tray and she eats at the table with us.

However, she now doesn't like to sit in it and prefers to stand. Somehow, she manages to stand up in it quite easily and it did almost tip once. So, it is possible to fall out of it. Any tips on this? I really don't want to plonk her in front of the TV to distract her.

babyboom is offline Registered User

i need ideas for a highchair.i need to gift my aunt as baby shower gift(very belated!!) a high chair. her son is about 1yr2months.and a bit tall for his age i think

eplo19 is offline Registered User

yes, i'm looking for a good highchair that will grow with my daughter- she is now 6 months old.. has anyone ever used the Combi one or the Chicco Polly highchair?

beckveldman is offline Registered User

Another perspective

We have the Stokke and love it!

Used a Peg Perego Prima Pappa until about 20 months of age (I prefer the ability to strap in restless babies! and love th tray that they can mess with until they're "over" that phase) but then looked for something to integrate our toddler into family mealtimes in the dining room more easily.

Why a Stokke? Simple construction, toddler can get on and off by himself, easy to clean wood, pulls right up to the dining table. He loves his big boy chair.

Also stylish enough (we have the dark wood) to blend beautifully with our regular furniture.

A booster seat wasn't an option I liked: they weren't going to be safe on our upholstered dining chairs. Our chairs and big and deep, realisitically our son isn't going to be able to sit on them and reach his food comfortably until he's at least 6! The Stokke is a wonderful option for him to grow with until then (he's almost 3 now). Also don't fancy the volume of food spillage on our dining chairs that we'd encounter if we tried to sit him on them with some kind of booster!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12