Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prams and sterilizer

CherA is offline Registered User

Prams and sterilizer

I know there's been threads talking about pram brands, but no one has mentioned about Combi. It's a brand highly recommended by many of my friends. Wondering if anyone has tried it before. Any advice from experienced Moms?

Also, I'm thinking of buying a good bottle sterilizer. Any recommendations?

I'm due in late Oct but I'm getting nervous... what do I need to start buying apart from hardwares like cots?

Kimmi is offline Registered User

Pram and Sterilizer

The best sterilizers are AVENT. We bought a AVENT microwave one, I love it, its compact and easy to clean.
    PRAM: we bought a GRACO EDT HK$998 (B R US), its very lightweight and I can open and close it by myself with my baby in my arms!. its very convenient getting in and out of taxis quickly when you are by yourself with the baby. Its also easy to lift up stairs by yourself. Some info says the GRACO EDT is from 3mnths but we have had our baby in it from day 1. We put a good sheep skin in it and a fitted toweling head hugger to support his head. Im really pleased with it.
    HAPPY SHOPPING:bfeeding

Thanks Kimmi! People told me Avent is good. I'll for sure go and take a look. Shall I get it from B2B or somewhere else? Also, by 'microwave' do you mean it's a different type from those electric boiler ones?

The Graco one seems good bargain! Light weight is a definite plus. Will explore that over the weekend!

Coco is offline Registered User

Inititally I had no idea what to buy either! Actually, now is a great time to shop as the sales are on. I would buy a couple of packets of cot sheets for the mattress, and also a couple of waterproof underlays (and of course as you mentioned the cot). A few pieces of clothing would be useful for when the baby leaves hospital. I wouldn't buy too many as relatives and friends would sure be giving you gifts. A changing table I found was essential. Depending which hospital you deliver at, they would most probably give you a lot of goodies. I delivered at Matilda and took nappies & baby bath etc home. Just get some basics and you can purchase as you go along. Also, you can ask the shop (I initially stated at Wing On) and they'll give you a list of essentials - but I found that I actually didn't need half the stuff anyway. Happy shopping !

Hi Coco - I've gathered a few shopping lists from different shops too, but reckon if all items are really essential. My friend is giving me her son's cot so what I need to buy is the mattress and cot sheets as you said. Friends are already giving away unused baby clothings to me too! I'd like to ask about the changing table - is it something like a wooden tray placed on top of the cot? I saw one in B2B. I am giving birth at HK Sanitorium. I don't think they will give away as many goodies as at Matilda.
    Thanks!

Kimmi is offline Registered User

Pram and sterilizer

Avent microwave sterilizer you can purchase at B2B, Pedder st, you can also get the traditional steam one there too, have a look. With the microwave sterilizer you just add 200ml of water each time you sterilize and pop it into the microwave. Depending what W your microwave is depends on the time you sterilize. All the Avent (wide) bottles fit inside, dummies as well as breast pump etc.
    My pram I got from Babies R Us cause it was only $998, but in
    B2B it was $1200. Get on the Babies R Us website to check the price.
    I use my pram in conjuntion with my babybjorn carrier (very handy). We purchased the babybjorn AIR, its the summer babybjorn as the original ones are quite padded and the bub can get very hot. GOOD LUCK

jaetee is offline Registered User

How often does baby stuff go on sale? Is it twice a year (July and December) like other things in HK?

Matty is offline Registered User

The graco EDT is on sale at Bumps to Babes at the moment for $974.
    It is still $998 at Toys r us, which is their regular price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast