Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nausea at evening only? Is that normal?

marie313 is offline Registered User
    I felt sick from about 7am to 11am and then 5pm until about 10pm, although i was never actually physically sick. I am now 10 weeks pregnant and feel much better.

undecided is offline Registered User

morning sickness and work

Dears,
    quick question for those with severe morning sickness: were you still able to work?

carang is offline Registered User
    i've just had to stop.. i'm 7 weeks and have been suffering for the past 4 weeks or so...

problem is, i have high blood pressure and can't keep my tablets down... this creates HUGE problems as my BP spirals dangerously high...

finally, the doctor at the a & e dept prescribed an anti-nausea that is safe for pregnancy... this gives me a littel respite so that the BP tablets can be absorbed...

i feel terrible about having to quit, but our health is the most important thing...

AnitaC is offline Banned

Take care, Carang

Hi Cara,

I can understand you are disappointed you cannot work. But your health and your baby's health are the most important thing at present.

Though we don't know each other in person, I deeply hope you pregnancy will be fine and I look forward to hearing from you when the little one arrives!

You can always go back to work when everything is settled!

I feel much better in these two days, probably because I had almost the whole week off last week, and had some good rest. Thanks for your advice on nausea, now I expect it and I can actually bear it quite well!

Ciao for now, and take it easy.

Anita

marie313 is offline Registered User
    I am a preschool teacher, and actually found that being at work helped my sickness. i think it was because i was so busy i didnt really have a chance to think about it, and also children can take your mind off pretty much anything!

One thing ive heard that helps is eating a ginger biscuit before you get out of bed in the morning, and if you get sick at night you should eat your main meal at lunch time and then just snack on something like crackers in the evening.

geiboyi is offline Registered User
    I am also nauseous in the afternoon/evening only - ginger is supposed to help, and a friend gave me some Indonesian ginger candy - just tried it and it's yummy... the name is:
    'Jahe Wangi' herbal candy - comes in a small yellow packet. I expect you can get it from any of the small Indonesian shops.

undecided is offline Registered User
    This gives me hope. I'm not preg yet, but trying... and know that still have 6 months of hard work and looooong hours ahead of me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12