Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nausea at evening only? Is that normal?

AnitaC is offline Banned

Unhappy Nausea at evening only? Is that normal?

Hi everyone, I wonder if you can give me some advice. I am 7 weeks pregnant and I tend to feel very ill at later afternoon/ early evening. I feel sick and I have stunning headache. Is that normal? I thought it should be morning sickness!

Many thanks in advance.

carang is offline Registered User
    if you do some reading and talk to people that have gone through it.. there is a huge range of what "nromal" is...

for me, my first pregnancy, i lost 20 pounds! i couldn't eat for about 16 weeks straight...i was sick ALL THE TIME! then i woke up one morning and was fine. after that, i only felt sick a coulpe of times.

this pregnancy so far is pretty much the same. i feel dreadful for most of the day, but the worst time is in the evening. although there are times, like last saturday & sunday, when i could hardly get out of bed!

my hubby had to go to the japan homestore to get me a special rubbish bin for vomitting!

the headaches though are something to get checked out. make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. it could be high blood pressure which needs to be closely monitored for your health and the baby's.

i know this from personal experience as i suffer from it and was hospitalised 4 times during my last pregnancy!

good luck!
    my due date is march 3, when's yours?

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    "morning" sickness is definitely a misnomer. I felt most sick in the evenings !

bbc mom is offline Registered User
    Yes, morning sickness should definitely be renamed. I had terrible nausea all day and night, even had trouble trying to fall asleep due to my head constantly spinning. Certain smells made me feel worse such as the smell of cooking, celery and our liquid soap. I tried everything with ginger in it, but what worked best for me was toasted sandwiches. I was so happy to reach the end of the 1st trimester and feel normal again. Hang in there.

AnitaC is offline Banned

Smile Thanks Carang!

Thanks a lot for you advice and comments, Carang. I have made an appt with my doctor for next week. I will ask about my headache.

Your experience is so similar to mine at present. I will just take it easy and see how it goes. It's funny being a mum for the first time, I get scared with little things like this evening sickness and headache. Anyhow, thanks for your feedback.

My baby is due 28 February...not far from yours! I hope you will feel better soon.

Have you decided which hospital you are going for the delivery? I live in Sham Tseng in the New Territories, and my doctor only goes to Maltida, Cannossa and Adventist. Do you think distance could be problem?

AnitaC is offline Banned

Also thanks to SCR and BBC Mom

Also thanks to SCR and BBC Mom's advice, and sharing!

cha-cha is offline Registered User
    i was incredibly sick it seemed at all times during the day to the extent that i had to take unpaid leave off work. taking a shower or brushing my teeth would make me gag, the hot water would make me dizzy. i was getting up at 1am, 3am vomiting etc. like bbc_mom i found some smells completely untolerable - particularly shower gel, cleaning fluids, perfumes etc. everyone said it would go away by month 3 but it didn't. i didn't feel better until month 5. what contributed to it all was because i was still trying to live my life as normal - so was still rushing around, walking to and fro work etc. this made me really tired without realising it and i would often feel worse after a hectic day. even though you don't feel like you need to, try and slow down your pace in life because even if you can't see it, your body is working incredibly hard to make the baby.

i had headaches aswell because my blood pressure was low at one point. because i was so sick i couldn't keep much down, my fluid intake dropped which made the headaches worst.

i didn't believe it then, but it definetely does get better

carang is offline Registered User
    well... went to tsan yuk today... got really upset with them as when i phoned to make the appt, i told them that i needed to see the doctor ASAP... when i got there today, it was just for "registration" .... no doctors at all!!! i got upset as i'd put off going to the doctor for almost 2 weeks already. as i said before i have very high blood pressure and over the past couple of days it's been dangerously high... couldn't take my tablets as i keep vomitting...

anyway, long ans short of it is... i had to go to the A & E dept at QMH... they rushed me through andi was done in 2 hours... had a scan... no heartbeat yet as babes too small still... they gave me a prescription for anti-nausea tablets... going to try them tonight... also have to go back tomorrow for EARLY PREGNANCY ASSESSMENT...

we'll see how it goes... man, the head nurse that i saw at tsan yuk was a complete b*tch and not at all sympathetic... not even an "i'm sorry, but this is the way it is..."

wish i could afford to go private... just not in the cards... now i'm off work until at least Saturday... maybe longer...

don't know what's going to happen at work...
    i teach baby playgroups, and can't imagine jumping around in front of the babies for the next 16 weeks....

argh... sorry had to get it off my chest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast