Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Delivery at Adventist with Dr Jennie Ng

AnitaC is offline Banned

Smile Delivery at Adventist with Dr Jennie Ng

Does anyone know the cost of normal delivery at Adventist Hospital wth Dr Jennie Ng?

This is my first time and I have absolutely no idea what costs are involved. Could you please help?

Thanks a lot.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I would suggest that you check out the Adventist website, as this lists full prices etc.

It all depends on whether you have a normal delivery, elective c-section, or emergency c-section.

It also depends on wether you choose a private room, semi private room or ward.

It also depends on how much your particular obstetrican charges for delivery (doctors charges are not included in the package the Adventist will quote you).

You will also have to pay extra if you have an epidural, and for certain tests for you and the baby (the Adventist says what their package includes and what costs extra).

When you see the package costs it seems pretty reasonable, but when you see what is not included, you can see how it adds up.

Hope that helps!

AnitaC is offline Banned
    Good suggestions, bekyboo44! Thanks!

I believe with the "add ons", the whole thing may cost around HKD60,000 above. Or am I dreaming? Is it more than that?

rani is offline Administrator
    Anita,

i delivered at the Adventist too. here's a breakdown of what I spent

Maternity Insurance
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    My husband and I are currently trying to choose a hospital- and at the same time get a rough estimate of what it all might cost; fortunetly our insurance covers everything (as long as I stay in a semi private room), but for interests sake we are trying to get a rough idea.

I forgot to say that if you choose an epidural, or other pain relief, you will also need to pay for anaethetist.

I was recently hospitalised at the Adventist with gastrointeritus and a three day stay cost $25,000- just $5,000 of that was room charges, the remaining was doctors fees, tests etc. That made us realise how difficult it is to judge how much a hospital stay is going to cost. The best thing to do, I suppose, is to look at what others spent and then you can clearly see what is not included in the maternity package ( not always a lot!).

And if you are paying for the hospital costs yourself, and not by insurance, then you have a right to demand of the hospital and your doctor what you may be charged for and how much.

AnitaC is offline Banned

Thanks Rani. Thanks Bekyboo44

I really appreciat Rani's breakdown and Bekyboo44's sharing. Now I have a rough idea of the cost at Adventist.

I am planning for vaginal delivery, but very likely will use the epidural. I am not very good with the pain.

I have a medical insurance and I am trying to get an upgrade to USD7500. Let's see how lucky I am!

Personally, I don't mind paying if I can feel more comfortable at the delivery, especially this is my first child. God! I am nervous! I have read a lot about delivery and that really makes me scared!

Thanks for everyone's help and info. Very very helpful indeed.

kara23 is offline Registered User
    I had an elective c-sect at Adventist last June and I stayed in the ward room which has 4 beds. The total cost was a little less than $40,000. I think my doc didn't overcharge me and the package at Adventist was reasonable. When i gave birth to my firstborn in HK Sanatorium, the bill came up to almost $100k under a different doctor. That's why we changed docs for the 2nd one. Too many misc charges.
    You should always ask for the final doc fees and make sure he/she doesn't have too many "hidden costs".
    My stay at Adventist was very enjoyable and I would recommend it any day. hope you find this info helpful!

AnitaC is offline Banned

Thanks Kara

Thanks Kara. HKD40,000 is much more resonable cost! Which doctor did you use?

Do you still have a breakdown of the cost! Brilliant advice. Thanks Kara.