Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

rant of a cranky pregnant lady....

carang is offline Registered User

rant of a cranky pregnant lady....

well... went to tsan yuk today... got really upset with them as when i phoned to make the appt, i told them that i needed to see the doctor ASAP... when i got there today, it was just for "registration" .... no doctors at all!!! i got upset as i'd put off going to the doctor for almost 2 weeks already because of their backlog. as i said before, i have very high blood pressure and over the past couple of days it's been dangerously high... couldn't take my tablets as i keep vomitting...

anyway, long ans short of it is... i had to go to the A & E dept at QMH... they rushed me through andi was done in 2 hours... had a scan... no heartbeat yet as babes too small still... they gave me a prescription for anti-nausea tablets... going to try them tonight... also have to go back tomorrow for EARLY PREGNANCY ASSESSMENT...

we'll see how it goes... man, the head nurse that i saw at tsan yuk was a complete b*tch and not at all sympathetic... not even an "i'm sorry, but this is the way it is..."

wish i could afford to go private... just not in the cards... now i'm off work until at least Saturday... maybe longer...

don't know what's going to happen at work...
    i teach baby playgroups, and can't imagine jumping around in front of the babies for the next 16 weeks....

argh... sorry had to get it off my chest

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    I don't know how you do it all cara ! I know how difficult your first pregnancy has been and I do hope you have an easier time for this one.

I'm 20 weeks right now and I think of you (to gain strength) every time I get cranky ! I can't believe you've decided to go for the second baby so soon. I put off all thoughts of having no.2 for 3 years and my pregnancy was no where as difficult as yours.I blame it on hormones, I'm a very cranky, angry, miserable pregnant woman. The same during the first and again now with my second !

Don't have insurance to go private either and this time even though I know what to expect I find I get irritated with the public system. I ask a simple question (is it ok for me to travel given the complication in first trimester?), no one gives me a straight answer..get shunted between the hospital and the MCHC, and then they book my scan for after more than 4 weeks ! So now even if they say it's ok I'm not going home ! That makes me me more mad.

The moment I found out I was pregnant I knew I was going to get cranky. Quit my part-time job - I teach as well, cannot for the life of me continue handling the kids when I'm this cranky !

Well, got that off my chest ! Don't think that cheered you up but from 1 preggie to another hang in there :)

thanks, i'm not usually so cranky, but i got really upset today, which of course doesn't help the BP...all i can console myself with is that when i went to the A &E dept, they fast tracked me because they thought that it was serious enough... instead of the posted 2.5 hour wait for non-critical cases, i was in & out with meds in 1.5 hours...

i guess my gut instinct was right and i did need to see a dr asap...

as for going for another baby... this one's due date is 2 years, less a day than my first boy's!!!

i figured get it all out of the way as fast as possible....

anyway....

:bighug

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    The hospital definitely has your previous records, even tsan yuk, so you would think they would keep that in mind !They still have my records after 4 years.

Good luck and take care

AnitaC is offline Banned
    I am very sorry to hear that, Cara. And definitely thanks for your advice on my evening sickness. I now do everything in the day and then finish work a little early. I am the lucky one because I am self employed. I believe you can't just take a day off as easy as me. Take care and I hope everything will go smooth for you.

BTW, my baby is due 28th February 2007. Very close to yours! Good luck. Keep me posted with your progress.

And if possible, try to calm down, because emotions don't do any good to yourself and your baby!

I do my check up private for better service and quality, but may consider the delivery at public hospital. I suppose the public hospital won't throw me out, right?

Take care!

i'm actually much calmer today as i spent 3 hours this morning at QMH undergoing an early pregnancy assessment.

their conclusion...

refer me to the high risk team... hopefully tomorrow the OBGYN will call to arrange another appointment...

as for taking time off work, i've taken a leave of absence, as i don't think that i'll be very reliable for a while, never knowing until the morning if i'm ok to work...depending on the BP...

don't know when or if i'll be able to go back...

too bad as i LOVED my job!

hkmama is offline Banned

Early Pregnancy Assessment

Hello,

I just found out I'm pregnant with my first - I just missed my period and saw a faint pink line! So I haven't been to doctor yet. I'm going with the public system and am wondering- what's an "early pregnancy assessment" and when should I have one?

THANKS

not everyone gets an "early pregnancy assessment". i have a history of very dangerous complications during pregnancy. this is why the accident and emergency doctor scheduled one for me.

all you have to do is get a letter from a dr confirming that you are preggers. then call tsan yuk to register. they'll set up the appointments for you.

good luck!
    (i sent you a pm as well)