Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

strollers & carseats- age clarification

alibali is offline Registered User
    Clearwater Bay

strollers & carseats- age clarification

Hi. I realize that there have been lots of comments on this, but I still can't get a clear picture of what parents use when a child is a newborn vs. slightly older. I am looking to buy the quinny buzz and use it with the maxi cosi car seat for my newborn. I understand that a baby will fit into this carseat until anywhere between 6 to 15 months. However, after the baby outgrows this carseat, what do you with the 6+ month old when in a taxi? Ideally, I would still want the 6+ month old in a carseat, but that seems impractical when I also need to use a stroller- I haven't seen a stroller that adapts to fit a carseat for an older child. If it weren't for the fact that we need to use a taxi (don't have a car), this issue would be so much more straightforward.

Thanks for your input!

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    Unfortunatley, when they grow out of the baby carriers there isn't much you can do.
    You can either not travel in a taxi, hold them in your lap, or put them on the floor ( not the cleanest but supposedly the safest place!)

There is a portable 5 point harness that you can buy ( the joey something? anyone else know what this is called?) but I believe it is for a bigger child.

Buy a light easy fold stroller and take the bus for a few months. Definatley NOT possible with a Quinny Buzz!
    Last edited by Matty; 07-13-2006 at 09:36 AM.