Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Positive Experience at Public Hospitals

cristletips is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    I didnt need anything in the delivery room. I stayed in the gowns they provided.

the breakfast was pretty undesirable, but that's if you don't like congee. I brought my own instant oatmeal packs which were great.

And I sure loved the fruit they brought! I kept asking for seconds, I couldnt get enough of the oranges and apples.

Don't forget your own towel too for when you take a shower, or else you might be using a hand towel.

If I give birth in the public hosptial again, I'd stay more than the 2 days. Even though I couldnt wait to get home, it is great that they look after your baby and let you catch up on sleep. I should have listened to my mom on that bit of advice!

elaine is offline Registered User
    tseung kwan o
    Thanks. I'll definitely bring instant cereal for breakfast.

catlam is offline Registered User
    Any one delivered in Eastern Hospital before? I'm still debating whether I should go for the govt or private hospital. I think it really depends on the people there. I heard really good experiences at Tsan Yuk and Kwong Hua Hospital. Would be nice if there's some good stories at Eastern Hospital too.

SyL is offline Registered User
    Sheung Wan

Pre-packed luggae for delivery

Below are the recommended items for the pre-packed luggage for delivery at Queen Mary Hospital. It has been copied from their pamphlet:

1. cup
    2. accesories for morning and evening toilet
    3. tissue paper
    4. slippers
    5. maternity pads and belt or mesh pant
    6. brassiere
    7. underpad (protertine sheet)
    8. coins or telephone card

1. new-born diapers
    2. cotton wool piece or fragrance free wet tissue

Where do we purchase #5 and #7--hospital gift shop?!!

And to add, bring your own breakfast as other women recall not having a good one.

Hope this helps.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    Watson's in Discovery bay has maternity pads and underpads too...

chca is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

comments about PWH

Hello everyone,

I am due on early October but still haven't made decision which hospital I should deliver.

Does anyone have delivery experience in Prince of Wales Hospital? Any comments? I live in Shatin. PWH is the only public hospital I can go. Another two private hospital is Union Hospital (located in Tai Wai) and St. Teresa Hospital (located in Kowloon Tang). Any comments on that two hospital is greatly welcome.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    New Territories
    I had my second child at PWH, but it was over 8 years ago, as a private patient. I had a great experience - the midwives were very helpful in allowwing me to walk around to get my labour going. They even allowed me to walk to the labour room rather than be on a gurney.

My only less than positive experience was when some young intern came into the labour room at about 6pm and said "I'm setting you up with an IV". I said "No thanks, I don't need one now" and sent him away.

I don't remember much about the food there, because my m-i-l brought me food every day (ginger fried rice, zhu geuk geung, etc.). I like congee in the morning too.

The breastfeeding support was adequate, although since he was my second child, I didn't need so much of it.

I had a friend who gave birth at Union Hospital about 7 years ago and she was not too pleased - too old fashioned and controlling (she thought) so for her next baby she went to St. Theresa's in Kowloon Tong.

sourcing is offline Registered User

Two thumbs up for Prince of Wales

I had a very good expereinced at Prince of Wales 2 years ago. The delivery room was very new then. very bright and colourful. That was what I remember. When they pushed me in, I thought woah it looked like a nursery. Anyway,all the midwifes was fantastic, very helpful and patience. I had a shared room, the room and the toilet was very clean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast