Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help! Has anyone ever bought a crib mattress in Shenzhen?

octoruss is offline Registered User

Help! Has anyone ever bought a crib mattress in Shenzhen?

You're not going to believe this, but my Pelli crib takes a US-size mattress, and not the standard Chinese / European size that is found here in Hong Kong. Believe me, I've looked all over the island, and nobody has a US size crib mattress here! My only options are to 1) either have one made custom for HK$2,000 or 2) buy a new crib and mattress entirely.

Someone told me awhile back that they had a similar problem, and ended up having a mattress made in Shenzhen to fit their baby's crib. Has anyone had any experience like this? Or does anyone know where I might buy a crib mattress in Shenzhen?

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    Someone once told me that you can get it from Jusco. But when i went to look, I found nothing. There is a mattress company in China called Airland which I heard makes baby mattresses. However, I'm not certain of their size.

chincken is offline Registered User
    My cot also required a non-regular sized mattress and I found it impossible to find a ready made mattress to fit it (even though a few places on the Island sell the cot I'm using, they don't sell the mattresses to fit them as a separate item - you have to buy the cot and mattress together). I ended up having one custom made to the size I needed by Seahorse in Hong Kong and am really happy with it. (I think it's better quality than the one that the shops sell with the cot.) One of their shops is just opposite the MTR in Johnson St Wan Chai. The cost for my mattress was around 270 HKD and varied by the size and thickness I wanted. I also got a mattress protector custom made for it by Seahorse at the same time, which cost about 30HKD.

Fisona is offline Registered User
    Agreed with chincken, last time my husband and I went to buy a non-regular size crib, the sales lady told us to go to Seahorse to buy a custom made one and it only costs hundreds of dollars.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    By American size, do you mean 140x70?
    If so, Eugene carries a German line of good quality mattresses of this size. But they were trying to sell them all, as I believe they were discontinuing the line, but recently I saw them there.

e-mum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by chincken View Post
    My cot also required a non-regular sized mattress and I found it impossible to find a ready made mattress to fit it (even though a few places on the Island sell the cot I'm using, they don't sell the mattresses to fit them as a separate item - you have to buy the cot and mattress together). I ended up having one custom made to the size I needed by Seahorse in Hong Kong and am really happy with it. (I think it's better quality than the one that the shops sell with the cot.) One of their shops is just opposite the MTR in Johnson St Wan Chai. The cost for my mattress was around 270 HKD and varied by the size and thickness I wanted. I also got a mattress protector custom made for it by Seahorse at the same time, which cost about 30HKD.
    Wow, the prices from Seahorse are really cheap!

reei is offline Registered User
    i made mine from sea horse too, the quality is okay.