Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hospital Charge

davidandgrace is offline Registered User

Hospital Charge

Dear all, I suggest if we can consolidate all hospital (private & public) charge and we can share the experience of their service. Is it worth or not? :bighug :bighug

carang is offline Registered User

i'm sorry, but i don't understand what you mean....

Natalia is offline Registered User

I agree with you, it can be useful for all of us to compare private hospital's fee.
    I am going for St.Paul Hospital, package for Ceasarium session and single room is 28800 HK. Comparing with Sanatorium it's the same as semi-private package there.

Natalie.

carang is offline Registered User

ahh... thanks natalia, i din't know what they were trying to ask... sorry i can't contribute as i use the public hospitals...

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

We are going for Adventist or Matilda, semi-private room (hopefully normal delivery) and have calculated it to be about $60-80,000 (depending on anathetists and pedeatricians fee and any extra tests/costs etc.)

cha-cha is offline Registered User

this is what we paid for at Canossa:-

$15,500 hospital charges, semi-private, natural birth package
    $18,000 Dr's fees (inc. oby & paed), natural birth (paid more because baby was born on Sunday)
    $5,000 Anaethetist (again paid a bit more as it was a Sunday)
    $6,500 charge for epidural

$45,000 in total. Much lower than we expected and if baby had arrived on a non-weekend day, then it would have been about $7.5k cheaper.

it was my first baby so i had no comparable experience, but i was defintely grateful for the peace and quiet so i could rest properly. my room mate didn't have loads of visitors which was nice, and my husband was allowed to stay with me past 9pm if he wanted to. the nurses/ midwives were nice, they bring the baby to your bed if you want to breastfeed. if you're formula feeding then you have to go to the nursery. although they were supportive of breastfeeding, each one told me different things and i ended up being very confused because i thought they must all be right and i must be totally wrong - which was definetely not the case. i suggest really reading up on breastfeeding beforehand if you have a chance (because i totally didn't as i thought it would be really instinctual and natural) and psychologically prepare yourself as to how hard it will be and how much it will hurt in the beginning. then at least when it does go without a hitch, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

catlam is offline Registered User

I heard from 2 friends, both delivered at St. Paul's. They both spend about $25000 there for natural birth.

Delthine is offline Registered User

Hello Cha Cha,

I am thinking of choosing Canossa too because it is nearer to my place.

$45,000 sounds very reasonable. May I know the name of your G&O?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cha-cha
    this is what we paid for at Canossa:-

$15,500 hospital charges, semi-private, natural birth package
    $18,000 Dr's fees (inc. oby & paed), natural birth (paid more because baby was born on Sunday)
    $5,000 Anaethetist (again paid a bit more as it was a Sunday)
    $6,500 charge for epidural

$45,000 in total. Much lower than we expected and if baby had arrived on a non-weekend day, then it would have been about $7.5k cheaper.

it was my first baby so i had no comparable experience, but i was defintely grateful for the peace and quiet so i could rest properly. my room mate didn't have loads of visitors which was nice, and my husband was allowed to stay with me past 9pm if he wanted to. the nurses/ midwives were nice, they bring the baby to your bed if you want to breastfeed. if you're formula feeding then you have to go to the nursery. although they were supportive of breastfeeding, each one told me different things and i ended up being very confused because i thought they must all be right and i must be totally wrong - which was definetely not the case. i suggest really reading up on breastfeeding beforehand if you have a chance (because i totally didn't as i thought it would be really instinctual and natural) and psychologically prepare yourself as to how hard it will be and how much it will hurt in the beginning. then at least when it does go without a hitch, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast