Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newborn clothes

mamaS is offline Registered User

Newborn clothes

How many pieces should i be buying for each item: onesies, short-sleeves, long sleeves, pajamas, jumpsuit, etc.

Is 4-6 pcs each enough? or i'm buying too much? thanks.

carang is offline Registered User
    will you have a helper to do the laundry for you?

i would say, if you are doing it all yourself without help, then i would buy a few more...
    if you have a helper, you'll find that the baby grows so quickly, you won't need too many...

my son is now 17 months old... i just sent about 5 bags of clothes to my friend... some of the things that i bought my sone wore only once, and some he didn't wear at all!!!!

the good thing is i'm expecting again so, hopefully, the next one will get to wear them too...

teh other thing is, you may find that the pieces you think will be the best will be ones that for one reason or another, you don't like at all!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    We got around 6 newborn jumpsuits, 8-10 onesies/short-sleeved . The jumpsuits doubled as pajamas for us. We also got 2 long-sleeved 'jackets' for going out (baby was born in Jan), although you can always wrap him up really snugly in a baby blanket and that will also do the trick. I would suggest getting 1-2 caps to protect his head from the cold during the winter months.

Just keep in mind that HK has seasons and like carang said, bub grows pretty fast... if you get too many, you might find that some items don't get used at all.

For newborns, there are one-piece jumpers

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    Any recommendations on where to buy newborn clothes from ? Particularly onesies and sleepsuits. I'm just too lazy and too tired to go out comparing in different shops !

cha-cha is offline Registered User
    mothercare has a sale on about $158 for a 7-pack of coloured short-sleeved onesies. i can't remember the price of their long-sleeved jumpsuits though.

m&s has them for about $210. only some of their baby range is on sale.

if you're only dressing your newborn in short sleeved tops & bottoms then i'd get some socks aswell. their circulation isn't so good in the beginning so often their feet can get stone cold.

scr
    thanks cha-cha.

carang is offline Registered User
    i got everything in sham shui po market or at stanley...

scr
    Hi Cara, I shop in Sham Shui Po a lot for my 4 year old. Are you talking about the open stalls opposite golden shopping center ?
    I'm a little concerned about newborn clothes though...since my first born had eczema and I had to make sure about 100% cotton in the first few months.

Stanley is way too far for me since I live in Kowloon. I'm not sure I want to make the trek there - is it really worth it ? I'm thinking I should get 100% cotton innerwear and then buy loads of stuff from Sham Shui Po :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast