Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Stretch mark cream/ oil

Bubba is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Has anyone used the Clairns Body Oil and is it ok to use?

josoo is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    The Jurlique oils are great, especially Almond Oil. You have to start using it the minute you find out you are pregnant and carry on using it twice a day - morning and night! It's a good habit to pick up anyways, because our skin gets thirsty right, and if you are thinking of having more kids, it only gets worst if you don't look after yourself now?

However, I don't believe it's genetic, I had stretch marks on my tummy and they've now disappeared. You just have to be very diligent and massage the creams/oils into your skin (your skin is made up of 7 separate layers, so imagine trying to get through all that?), don't be sloppy about it! Another great brand I use for my bum is Murad's toning cream. There are two tubes you have to apply, one after another, and I bought it from Elle Spa in Repulse Bay. It's worked wonders and I've only been using it for 2 months!

Trust me...the costs are worth it!

L'est Rose is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    another suggestion is Alqvimia Body Stretch Stopper Oil which is especially for pregnant and breast feeding woman.

I heard some mom will apply olive oil during pregnant, but I found the texture is too thick.

I think 'safe' is very important. When I was pregnant, I used Johnson Baby Oil for moisturizing; later I heard that the oil is not natural, and it's chemical oil. Also, the oil has no nutrients and couldn't improve collegen and ealstic.

I think the most important of Alqvimia oil is 100 % natural. I was very careful and read their website and catalogue before using. It's made up of several natural plants oil such as hazel nut oil, almond oil...etc (can't remember all), while not only moisturizing, but the hazel nut oil is also good to firm to skin & prevent stretch marks.

I checked Crabtree & Ev...sweet almond oil before, and it's not 100 % natural almond oil; I read their product ingredient lable which also includes chemical oil and fragrance.

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    I know that stretch marks are genetic, but I guess there are things you can do to minimise them.
    I suffered from terrible stretch marks at puberty due to rapid growth, so assumed that during pregnancy they would be bad.

A doctor advised that because they start below the skin, creams really don't do a lot, but instead she recommended including flaxseed oil in my diet to keep the skin supple.
    I also used Palmers Stretch mark cream, which if nothing else, stopped any itching.

And amazingly I didn't get a single stretch mark!

lynn cheung is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    Where can I buy Alqvimia? Thanks

samfos is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi there

I am using the Organic Pharmacy (available at Harvey Nichols) stretch mark oil... it smells wonderful and so far I haven't had any stretch marks.

ELT is offline Registered User
    my aunt is a nurse, she said cream that contains coco butter works best.

I used Palmer coco butter -- didn't like the smell but it was very useful in relieving itchiness. Was it useful in preventing stretch marks? Don't think so... I didn't have any the first 7 or 8 months. But my belly grew very big and the cream didn't stop the stretch marks from forming.

Nula is offline Registered User
    3 pregnancies and I have gained no stretch marks. The second pregnancy I was huge with a big baby. I have them from puberty and my mother has them from pregnancy (my babies where bigger) and puberty.

Have applied cold pressed olive oil (from the supermarket) after every shower from when I found out I was pregnant. The further along I got I would also add some avocado oil into the olive oil. I would also reapply in the evenings. I truly believes it works.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast