Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Stretch mark cream/ oil

kcinhk is offline Registered User
    Japanese Camelia Oil from Elemis is really good. i've had 2 friends who used this for their pregnancy and they had no stretch marks. Highly recommended by both my girlfriends. Plus point is that it doesn't have strong sense, since during pregnancy your sensory will be hightened and may not adapt to strong smelling oil/ lotion. The camelia oil is very very light in scent.

Juniper is offline Registered User
    I'm totally heart-broken when stretch marks started to appear at 8 months. I've been using Mustela faithfully twice/day the minute I realized I was pregnant, but still my tummy looks like watermelon now.
    I'm looking for ways for "damage control", any suggestion?
    Will it ever disappear or at least fade after delivery?

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    I'm totally heart-broken when stretch marks started to appear at 8 months. I've been using Mustela faithfully twice/day the minute I realized I was pregnant, but still my tummy looks like watermelon now.
    I'm looking for ways for "damage control", any suggestion?
    Will it ever disappear or at least fade after delivery?
    I don't know whether it works or not, but I believe StriVectin was thought to be effective for stretch mark damage control - my gf swears that it worked for her and I have stocked up on 1-2 tubes in case . its pricey hough, and I don' have personal experience to go by yet ( will be another 2 months), but was told it works. If you are desperate, may be worth trying.

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    I started using the Strivectin cream a few weeks ago (you cant use it when you are nursing...) and it definitely looks like it's improving! Apparently the cream is used "like botox" for wrinkles on face too (!)

L'est Rose is offline Registered User
    Lynn,

There is Alqvimia urban spa in Causeway Bay Plaza I. They also offer pregnancy massage with 100 % almond oil, which is very moisturizing and prevent itchy skin.

rimbb is offline Registered User
    Anyone out there use "belly butter" before? It's made by a company called nakedpaint and I saw it being sold at linea negra in LKF.

arquette is offline Registered User
    I have tried several products - well, my dermie told me to keep skin moisturised and supple because at the end of the day it is a draw of luck and mostly down to genes.

- Belly Butter by Naked Paint smells delish and not v. greasy but not sure if it works as far as prevention is concerned.

- Elemis Japanese Camelia Oil is a good staple, especially for massages and daily rubbing after shower. As kcinhk said, it doesn't have a strong scent, I prefer it to Clarins.

- I was told Strivectin you cannot use during pregnancy.

Is there any other emergency remedies during pregnancy?

Mayuri-P is offline Registered User
    I use the Clarins one too, and love the smell of it! Am 27 weeks pregnant now, and dont have any stretch marks on my belly. However i do have them on my upper thighs, and whther its coincidence or not i dont know, but that was the only area I didnt think to apply the clarins oil on to!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast