Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Stretch mark cream/ oil

CherA is offline Registered User

Stretch mark cream/ oil

Has anyone tried the Japanese Camellia Oil from Elemis? Thinking about whether to buy the Elemis one or the Clarins tonic treatment oil. Pls share your experience

spsmok is offline Registered User

Hi CherA,

Don't know anything about the two brands you asked about. But I used the cream from Mother Care which was really wonderful - and it's so cheap too. I started using it from the 3rd month and there is NO stretch mark anywhere. When I bought the cream for my friend about 2 months ago, it's still $39 each. You might want to consider it.

Sandy

carmenwong is offline Registered User

Hi there!
    I tried Clarins (the yellow oil, right?), well, it didn't work for me, I had scretch marks all over my belly , but Thanks goodness, they started to kinda fade away (by themselves), there are still stretch marks on my belly, but not as bad as the first few months after I gave birth. I totally give up now... since I think there's noway to make them disappear once they are already there!

capital is offline Banned

Save your money. it is genetics, you either get them or you don't, no cream will help.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I also use the Mothercare cream which is great! But Capital is true- if you want to tell if you will get stretch marks and how bad, then ask your Mum if she had any and how bad they were.

If you do get stretch marks and want them to fade- keep them out of the sun!

CherA is offline Registered User

Dear all, thanks for your advice. Yes I know it's genetic so I won't know if I am getting stretch marks until my belly shrinks I guess!!
    Actually I've been using Palmer's but still find the breasts and belly itchy during the day. Last week I decided to switch using the Clarins oil. It's very nourishing and smells really good. I don't know if it works for the stretch marks but it at least eases my itch. Now I don't have scratch every now and then!

cha-cha is offline Registered User

i totally agree with Capital on the genetics part. i used the mustela cream as soon as i found out i was pregnant religiously every day and i still got loads. mum got loads, sister got loads.

the one good thing i did inherit was springing back into shape quickly after the birth. mum was like that, sister was like that.

Sumei is offline Registered User

shea butter

hi,

I do believe to a great extent it's genetics but you can help nature too! Before I started showing, my GF advised shea butter to "prepare" your skin (I guess once you start ballooning you are already stretching your skin) so I used L'Occitane shea butter oil on my belly (esp around the navel), thighs, hips and breasts and once I started ballooning I used Mustela as it was alot easier to apply - happy to say I didn't get any stretch marks, but then again neither did my mum!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast