Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

goatmilk formula

cristletips is offline Registered User

goatmilk formula

Has anyone tried the Karihome goat milk formula?

I've been breastfeeding and baby is on solids too. She's 7 months on the 27th.

She's never had formula though. My highly recommended the Karihome formula.

I'm sick with the flu right now and have been BF her but i desperately need to give her to someone for a few hours and I don't have any milk stored.

Just want to hear if anyone has tried it and their baby liked it. Don't know why I'm such a formula freak, it's more psycological as I've only ever given her BM.

thanks!

Grace Bellis is offline Registered User

Goat milk formula

Hi, I'm wondering if your baby has tried the Karihome goat milk. If yes, what do you think of it?

My daughter is 8.5 months and I'd like to stop breastfeeding. She hasn't had any formula before. I tried introducing her Enfamil and Cow & Gate, she not only refuses to having them, she started having red patches on her skin after she spitted out the formula. The patches lasted for about 30 mins or so, then it'd go away. It looks to me that she's allergic to both formula. Someone suggested goat milk formula and I'm pondering about it.

I'd appreciate if anyone has experienced with the goat milk.

Grace

joannek is offline Registered User
    i'm giving my baby Holle organic goat's milk follow on. it's new to hong kong www.kinderkinder.com.hk. she loves it. actually before giving her this she was drinking babynat organic goat's milk, which we bought from london in the summer. when we finish our stock i was lucky enough to have found the distributor of Holle in hong kong.

cristletips is offline Registered User
    I've been using the goats milk now and also breastfeeding and she drinks it happily!!

Grace Bellis is offline Registered User
    Hi, Joannek and Christletips, thanks for your sharing.

How did you introduce the goat milk to your babies? I find that the Enfamil and Cow & Gate both have strong smell of formula. My daugther just spitted it out when I first introduced them. Did you mix it with the breast milk?

Grace

joannek is offline Registered User
    i mixed 70%bm+30% formula (i started w/ hipp organic which actually taste pretty much like bm, except thicker). then gradually added more formula. but her first taste of formula/bm mixture was when she was 11mths, cos i wanted to start reducing nursing at 1 yr old. so i very gradually introduced formula. it took me 5 mths to fully weaned her from bm.