Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bumps 2 Babes

cristletips is offline Registered User
    I was there today at the Pedder Building one. Service was adequate. With 3 people there I was lugging around the purple bag full of stuff while trying to manouver my stroller. I didnt even know there were bags at first. So I went balancing the baby food jars in my arms asking for a basket. The woman was nice and helped me load it up. And I filled it up a bit further, but no one came by and said.."can I bring that to the front for you?" I would have liked that. I asked for a box to then pack the jars in. She was able to find one and packed them all up for me. I'll still go there as it's a pretty good store.

I noticed the cool windows and nice mouldings and high ceiling as I sat BFing in the changing room. I thought it'd be really cool to put one of those train tracks way up there. Or hang colorful kites or something.

But that darn doorman downstairs just stared at me again as I struggled carrying the baby in stroller down the steps, 1 big bag, and then a huge box full of babyfood one at a time. ARGH!! I wish they'd get a new doorman. He's awful! What is the point of him. He just stands there and stares!

Roshna is offline Registered User
    Bekyboo,

Bumps to Babes has good intentions, but may not be able to deliver on their promise. Their staff are a bit unattentive sometimes. If you go to the Central branch, look for Geeta. She's one of the better salespeople and will even guide you about what you will need.

Today i went in and got two cans of milk. When i was paying, i noticed one of the cans were damaged and asked them to change it for me. One of the girls at the counter said sorry, there are no more cans. I said what do you mean, i just came from there and there were so many cans of this milk! She insisted and I also insisted she go check and true enough, there were lots of cans to choose from!

As for Mothercare, they also told me 3 months for a cot but it came much earlier (within a month or less, can't remember exactly) and we had to ask them to hold it in their warehouse and not to deliver it to our home till closer to our due date!

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    on the B2B and doorman thing....I used to struggle up the stairs at the Pedder St entrance until someone told me there was an entrance around the back with no stairs and a lift straight there! joy.

tkn
    tkn is offline Registered User
    One handy thing about both B2B and Mothercare is that you can shop over time and leave everything with the shop until you're done, then they'll deliver everything to you in one go. Saves

Killerpooh is offline Registered User
    My mother tried to get me a bugaboo bee footmuff for my son and she was told that it will take 12 weeks to get it - which was not an issue but then the staff at the Central B2B demanded a full payment of $899 for the deposit- which is ridiculous!! On their own website it only says they need 50% of the full payment for the deposit- the staff are contradicting their own policy!

stickybeak is offline Registered User

Question Back Entrance at B2B

Quote Originally Posted by KatBoo View Post
    on the B2B and doorman thing....I used to struggle up the stairs at the Pedder St entrance until someone told me there was an entrance around the back with no stairs and a lift straight there! joy.
    I am intrigued as this would be super helpful to me!
    Can anyone tell me exactly where the other entrance is? Eg is on Theatre Lane or the Lane that goes down the side (with the shoe repair people)?

falle001 is offline Registered User

Lift entrance

It is on the theatre lane road, there is a small corridor with a disabled sticker at the side of it next to the back entrance to Shanghai Tang. It is useful but I have occasionally got stuck on the 5th floor when I get out as it is near the back door where they tend to pile up boxes!!! Definitely easier than trying to get a pram up those stairs at the front.
    hope that helps!!

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Generally, I have also had the kind of irksome experiences at B2B as the other posters. However, in the interests of balance I wanted to say that I went to B2B at Horizon Plaza yesterday and the service was excellent. There seemed to be a new male staff member who spoke English really well and could answer all of my questions. He even offered to carry my boxes to the car and instal my new car seat on the spot. Further, the car seat I bought was actually cheaper than Mothercare quoted me. Unbelievable!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast