Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Early 2007 mums-to-be!

pinemarten is offline Registered User

Early 2007 mums-to-be!

Hello all

Expecting my first baby, and with many friends who are nowhere near the stage when they'd consider having one, I've started to wonder how I'm going to meet people in the same boat as me - to share stories, complaints, hopes, whatever!

Obviously this forum is a great place to look, and I wondered if any other newly expectant mothers would be interested in forming a little social group to hang out together on a regular basis.

We could go drink non-alcoholic beverages in non-smokey venues, avoiding unwashed salads and blue cheese - am I winning you over yet? ;-)

A bit about me. I'm 27 (but aware that this is very young nowadays), a journalist, lover of food, photography and belly dancing, and have been in HK since the start of the year. If everything goes well with my pregnancy, the baby should arrive in March/April next year.

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

carang is offline Registered User

congrats!
    it's a very exciting time!
    i'm 33, and i've been in HK for 11.5 years. my first was born in feb 2005 (3 weeks early). my second is due march 3, 2007(so, i could end up with both sharing a b-day!)

i'm in DB, just had to quit my full time job teaching baby playgroups, which i LOVED due to health reasons. still looking to do some part-time work, but should be available more now than when i was working.

do you work full time? are you looking to go out during the day or in the evenings? If during the day and you don't mind having a 17 month old tagging along, give me a call!

9684 4223

Last edited by carang; 07-24-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Hey Carang

I'm transitioning from full-time to part-time from home some time over the next three months (I'm hoping sooner, my employer's hoping later ;)). So depending on when that happens, meetings could end up during the day. I've had a PM from another lady who works part time, so I'm guessing she would prefer daytime too. I might have to request the first couple be evening or weekend meetings, but we'll see how we go!

Most definitely don't mind a 17mth-old tagging along - a taste of what's to come for us first timers!

Forgot to mention I'm on HK Island in Kennedy Town.

great! just hope the little monster doesn't wish you'd used a different birth control!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00542 (768 x 512).jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	208  

marie313 is offline Registered User

hello! Im 24, have been in HK just under a year and am due 7th feb. we have been talking about setting up a expectant mums group on the thread which begins "helloooooo", so there are definately others that would be interested.
    If possible though, can we have them in the evening / weekend? unfortunately i dont have the option to go part time at work, but really want to meet others in the same boat as me

i'd love to join you in the evening, but it's just not possiblefor me with Liam's bedtime and the ferry ride home...

sorry.

Marie: Great, sorry to hijack the thread from "hellooooo".

I think maybe we should gather up the interested people, then arrange some meetings both in the day and in the evening/weekends. Some can come to both, some only to one or the other - no problem.

elizaveta is offline Registered User

Another March 007

Hello Ladies! Congratulation! I would like very much to join a group of mums to be - I am pregnant with my first baby, logically should be there next March. I am 33, in HK for 7 month, live in Midlevels on HK island. I also think that we have the same doctor with Pinemarten (sorry is mis-spelled) - Dr Dawkins. I am working part-time, so both day and evening meeting could work, depending on day of the week. Looking forward to see you! Let me know what your plans are...

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast