Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hong Kong Sanatorium

Lebebe is offline Registered User

Hong Kong Sanatorium

Hi all,

It's me again. I've been searching the past forums and haven't found many messages re: the HK Sanatorium. Has anyone of you delivered at this hospital?

1. How were the nurses in terms of support during labour and babycare?
    2. How were the semi-private and private rooms?
    3. How does it compare to the Canossa Hospital?

Thanks so much again!
    Lebebe:baby2:

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Wondered if you could help- my husband and I are trying to choose a hospital and have been arranging tours of each.
    However when we tried to contact the Sanatorium to arrange such a tour we couldn't get hold of any who spoke English and who knew what we were talking about..
    Does anyone have anyone to contact at the Sanatorium?

Bear Lau is offline Registered User
    Hi all,

That's the problem at Sanatorium, althought I could speak Cantonese but my husband couldn't. When I have the unit visit with my husband before my delivery, they hardly understand what my husband said.

I finally chosen Canossa, it was a great experience. The nurses are very good and experience. In addition, if you choose to use their maternity package, which I did, it only have small amount of extra charges. The other hospital you should consider is HK Adventist, but it is further awawy from where I live that's the reason I haven't pick them but a have a lot of good words from my friends too.

Hi,

Thanks for that! I was a little worried that if we couldn't find anyone who spoke English it would be a bit of a problem during delivery etc!

We are now in the process of choosing between the Adventist and Matilda!

Lebebe is offline Registered User
    Hi both,

Unfortunately, my doc. can only go to Sanatorium or Canossa. I'll be visiting the two hospitals. I will let you know if I find any contacts who can speak English.

Lebebe

kara23 is offline Registered User
    I delivered my first child at HK Sanatorium back in 2000. I stayed at the semiprivate ward and fortunately the other bed was empty throughout my stay. The nurses are all local and I think that poses a problem for those who do not speak Cantonese. And some of them were much older so they tend to nag a bit. I didn't like it when they tried to make me breastfeed right after I had my Caesarean. Overall, it wasn't such a great experience. I had my 2nd child at Adventist and that was a really enjoyable stay. The nurses were really nice and very patient. Most of them are not local,and speak English well.
    HOpe this helps you a bit!

Hi,

We visited the Canossa- the nurse who conducted the tour for us had great English, but we were put off by the fact that baby is not allowed to room with you, and they seemed a bit quick to feed the baby themselves if the mother was tired etc.
    So down to Adventist and Matilda- just worried about the travelling distance to Matilda, as we live in DB- anyone else?

bellamei is offline Registered User
    I gave birth at Canossa and love the nurses there. They gave me lots of support during labor and great advise in baby care. I chose the package and have little extra cost unlike Sanatorium which charge every single things seperately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast