Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Delivery at Canossa VS Adventist. Any advice?

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Adventist on HK side was great in terms of allowing my husband to be with me all the time. I had an elective C-section into which he was allowed and was not asked to leave at any point. He stayed with me all day (in a 4 bed ward) and ordered meals from the menu to be delivered with mine; the cost was just added onto the bill. In fact, he went up to the nursery with our newborn while I had to wait to be checked over, or something.

In all other aspects, I was very happy with the Adventist.

Poppy is offline Registered User
    Hi!

I am new to this so, hello everyone! I am so glad to have found this forum, I have not lived in Hong Kong for long and know very few people outside work!

I have decided on Adventist - in 4 bed room - was in packed out ward with first (Lily 23 months) so this will seem like luxury by comparison!

Unless anyone more experienced in having babies in Hong Kong can tell me otherwise ... ??

AnitaC is offline Banned
    Colabobo. I have sent you a private message on insurance. check it out!

AnitaC is offline Banned
    Cha Cha,

Thanks for sharing your experience. You are right. I will be well looked after at the hospital anyhow. I should just let me husband rest well.

Then, it sounds even the 4 bed ward is ok then! Wow, what a good way to save some money.

Thanks Cha Cha.

Anita

Batman is offline Registered User
    I did pretty much the same as kashismum though I stayed in semi-private room. Nurses speak good English and my husband stayed with me as long as he wished (though they have offiical visiting hours). I remembered he stayed after midnight the day our baby was born. He ordered from menu of the hospital and of course we need to pay for his meal (other costs were covered by our insurance).

Well, maybe you find it strange, I am glad I didn't room with my baby. I was terribly tired and exhausted after I gave birth by C-section. I am glad that the baby was taken care of by the nurses, so that I could rest. You can tell nurses whether you want to breastfeed or not and when to bring the baby to your room.. etc. In my case, they fed the baby after midnight and they brought the baby to me for breastfeeding in early morning, around 6.00 a.m. or so.. depending on my baby's need.

I did tour Canossa before and I think Canossa is not as new as HK Adventist. can't comment on other aspects though.. That's why we ended up choosing Adventist.

Quote Originally Posted by kashismum
    Adventist on HK side was great in terms of allowing my husband to be with me all the time. I had an elective C-section into which he was allowed and was not asked to leave at any point. He stayed with me all day (in a 4 bed ward) and ordered meals from the menu to be delivered with mine; the cost was just added onto the bill. In fact, he went up to the nursery with our newborn while I had to wait to be checked over, or something.

In all other aspects, I was very happy with the Adventist.

AnitaC is offline Banned
    Thanks Batman. I have not thought about how tired I would be after the delivery. You are right it is a good idea that the nurses take good care of the baby and we mothers can take some rest.

I haven't done the tours yet, as I am only on 10 weeks. I am still a bit worrying about my pregnancy. So I won't start touring until I have my scan at week 12. Hopefully everything goes well! I am nervous!

I heard the Adventist is much newer and the nurses are more western. I think I will go for that in the end. I am Chinese but my husband is British. I believe it would be better to go for the Adventist.

Thanks for your positive comment and sharing with me the need for rest after the delivery!

Thanks,

Anita

Batman is offline Registered User
    I guess your husband will like it too as my husband is an American. It's just a lot easier when your husband can understand what's going on without your translation. ha..

Good luck and stay healthy.

Poppy is offline Registered User
    Hi Batman

Did you have the choice of whether baby was with you or not?

When I have given birth I am going try out a breast feeding program which will mean I'll need my baby with me for regular short feeds, do you think this is going to be a problem in Adventist?

Thank you :)

xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast