Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Delivery at Canossa VS Adventist. Any advice?

Batman is offline Registered User
    Hi Poppy, I don't remember whether I had a choice of roming with my baby or not. Sorry. What I remember is that if you are breastfeeding, you can request the nurse to bring the baby to you whenever the baby is hungry. So, I don't think it's gonna be a problem if you need to breastfeed on a regular basis, i.e. every 2 hours or so. The nurse will wake you up during the night. Of course, you need to tell the nurses what you want to do in advance. Hope it helps : >

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy
    Hi Batman

Did you have the choice of whether baby was with you or not?

When I have given birth I am going try out a breast feeding program which will mean I'll need my baby with me for regular short feeds, do you think this is going to be a problem in Adventist?

Thank you :)

AnitaC is offline Banned
    Sham Tseng, N.T., Hong Kong

Thanks Batman

Thanks Batman. It's good to know your husband is American and he was happy with the hospital and knew what it was going on! I would take your advice!

Rohini is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi Anita,
    I gave birth at the Adventist and couldn't have asked for a better hospital or birth. I took my pre-natal class at the adventist as well, and in the class, they show you the delivery room and the whole process of checking in. I was so at ease once I toured the hospital and saw a glimpse of what was going to be reality in a few weeks time for me. Since I knew I was giving birth there, we had also filled out the registration form in advance in the pre-natal class, so now the hospital had all the informtaion on file. Everything worked out for a reason beacuse 2 days after I finished my pre-natal with Adventist, I delivered (4 weeks early) and all the forms were filled in advance. And, the head nurse that thaught the class, was my mid-wife in the delivery room. I coundlnt have asked for anymore comfort.

dragonsue is offline Registered User
    Off Hong Kong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123