Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Delivery at Canossa VS Adventist. Any advice?

AnitaC is offline Banned

Delivery at Canossa VS Adventist. Any advice?

Hi girls, I live in Sham Tseng in the NT. My doctor only goes to Canossa, Adventist and the Sanatorium. I am choosing between Canossa and Adventist because I heard they are more western.

It looks like Canossa is better then Adventist in terms of location for me, and cost is not a problem to me. I just wonder if any you can share your experience with me.

I would like the baby to be roomed with me. Do they do that in Canossa or Adventist? What is the semi-private room like? What are the nurses like?

I am only 9 weeks pregnant, so I still have time to think about it. But if I can make a decision soon, it would just be one big thing done. I hope you can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Anita

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Hi,

I have toured the Adventist, Canossa and Matilda- and the only one so far that has said they allow babies to room with Mum is the Matilda.
    I reccomend that you make an appointment to tour both hospitals- the rooms are very similar, and the nurses seem nice in both from what we could see.
    I am trying to decide between Matilda and Adventist- the only reason why Adventist is still in the running because we live in DB, and so am just thinking distance wise.

cha-cha is offline Registered User

at Canossa, they'll only let the baby room with you if you have a private room.

i stayed at a semi-private room, they are functional enough - shared bathroom with your room mate, each bed has its own flat screen tv, 2 sets of sinks, safe for your valuables, wardrobe, shared fridge etc.

the labour room which you don't get to see on the tour is spacious, modern and you also get to watch tv there too if you want. they'll even let you order in lunch.

no complaints about the care i received from the nurses, but then i'm fairly low maintenance in general

BLC
    BLC is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

I had my little girl at the Adventist. I had a private room as I wanted my husband to be able to stay. My baby stayed with me during the day but went into the nursery at night, they nurses bought her to me for breast feeding. This way I managed to get some sleep. I highly recommend the Adventist as it was clean, the food was good with plenty of choice. The staff were helpful and friendly from the cleaners, to the nurses and doctors. Even when I left the hospital. They have a nursery number so if you are unsure about something, they are happy for you to call up and ask them. Which I did a number of times.

AnitaC is offline Banned

Thanks Bekyboo44, Cha Cha & BLC

Thanks girls! I appreciate very much your instant response and sharing your experience with me.

It sounds both Canossa and Adventist are very good hospitals. If the baby is not going to be roomed with me with Semi-private room, then I will take Bekyboo's advice to take a tour to both hospitals.

I will probably go to Canossa, especialy seeing Cha Cha's positive comment. It is probably easier for me from Sham Tseng in the NT, and my parents-in-law (going to visit me from the UK) know their way round the mid-levels.

I would love to take a private room like BLC but my insurance cover is only up to HKD40,000. A private room package will be too expensive for me.

Could you please share your experience with me regarding husbands? Could your husbands stay with you at the same room before labour? I suppose support from your husband is very important when you have to go through so much pain. How long is he allowed to stay with you at night?

It is my first baby. I bet I will need a lot of support from my husband's support.

I thank everyone's help and sharing in advance.

cha-cha is offline Registered User

AnitaC,

because i was admitted at 3am in the morning, after my husband handled all the admin aspect he was sent home because we chose a semi-private room and he would have disturbed my room mate if he had stayed. i was admitted because my waters had broke and had only very light contractions, the nurses told me to try and sleep. i even managed to have a shower and wash my hair after breakfast, just ask the ward helpers for a hairdryer.

although the official visiting hours were 9am-9pm, my husband was back at the hospital probably before 8am. if its time to go into the labour room, then husbands are allowed in with you. in fact they can come and go quite freely. the only time he was sent out was when i was having the epidural administered.

i used to send my husband home (we live nearby) so that i could rest and he could rest and get proper meals because i was well taken care of at the hospital. i felt he needed his strength aswell because i would need to rely on him more once i got home.

colabobo is offline Banned

Hi girls

I'm planning to having a baby and doing some research for the maternity insurance. In this geobaby forum, I saw so many mom have the maternity insurance. Any mom can tell me, where can I buy this maternity insurance? or this is your company benefit? My company benefit did not cover the maternity insurance. Is this good for buy it by myself ?

msmslau is offline Registered User

hi moms - for those who stayed at the Adventist..did you stay at the one in the HK island or in Tsuen Wan? I live in NT, so am curious about the service in the one in Tsuen Wan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast