Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kindyroo vs. HKPPA vs. YWCA Kindermusik?

mamamau is offline Registered User

Kindyroo vs. HKPPA vs. YWCA Kindermusik?

Hi I'm looking for a playgroup for my 9-month-old near the Mid Levels / Central with parking facilities. Has anyone been to Kindyroo, HKPPA (on Borrett Road) or the YWCA Kindemusik class?

- How did your baby like it?
    - Did you see mostly parents or helpers in the class? (I'm hoping to meet other moms)
    - Is most of the class time guided by an instructor or "free play"?

Thanks!!

starburst is offline Registered User

My 14 month old son and I have tried Kindermusik, and we didn't really enjoy it too much - I think he got bored pretty easily and kept wanting to crawl/walk around the room instead of sitting in the circle singing. I think the non-mobile babies enjoyed it however. Also there weren't too many other moms at all, mainly helpers.

I am also interested in trying out HKPPA - they do have parent only sessions. Although the age range seems quite sparse, 10 months to 3 years - but maybe they group similar ages together - not sure? Am keen to hear other feedback about this place too...

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Don't know about HKPPA on Borrett Road, but we've just been to the one in Heng Fa Chuen this week for a trial class and we're signing up. I rather like their free play/arts & crafts/snack time/free play/physical activity/story time/music time routine... My LO enjoyed himself and said that it was FUN and when I asked him if he wants to go back, he said "Yes, go back." :)

At HK$70 per session (2 hours), I'm not aware of any other playgroup offering the same range of activities for the same price. They have a Babies Group (up to 18 months) and a Toddlers Group (18+ months) and they also have parent only sessions.

mamamau is offline Registered User

Thanks for the info! Well my baby is crawling (and constantly pulling herself up on whatever furniture she sees), so I guess she might be "too mobile" to sit there then...?

cheeky is offline Registered User

Hi Buckeroo

I live at Island Resort and am trying to find a playgroup for my baby whose 7 months. Heng Fa Chuen would be convenient, can you please give me details of the baby group there?

Thanks!

jane9898 is offline Registered User

Cheeky ~ U may go to hkppa.org to find out more.

Mamamau ~ I dont know anything about parking facilities but Kindyroo is reasonably good. We attended the free trial for MONKEY class last week and we enjoy it a lot. Most are moms.

We are attending both PPA at Hilltots & HFC and it is cheap and good!

Geo
    Geo is offline Registered User

Hi Jane,

Where is PPA at Hilltots & HFC? How good and cheap are they?

What about good & cheap for Kindyroo? Thanks.

Geo

run4fun is offline Registered User

Here is the webstie of HKPPA:
    http://www.hkppa.org

You will find the cost, schedule and location map of Hilltots here as well.

Haven't been to HFC, but I could tell you my experience at Hilltots.

Hilltots stresses a lot on learn-thru-play. For arts & crafts, for example, they really rolled out newsprint on the floor and they really let the children enjoyed touching and feeling the paint with hand and with foot. The little ones get to do hand print, foot print, shoe print and have fun exploring what they could do with paint. For summer, sometimes they get to wear swim suit and play activities with water. They aslo have field trips like specially arranged ocean park trips for the toddlers to see the dolphins and seals. Pizza making, cake baking. Making thier own playdough with flour.

Hilltots gives me and my sons tons of ungforgettable memories. You don't always get to do these things elsewhere with your kids, and the child probably won't get to do this anymore when they grow up. My son is now in first grade and he still misses Hilltots. It's the place where he grows up.

R.U.N. 4 fun.

Last edited by run4fun; 09-02-2006 at 03:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast