Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Rice Crackers for Allergic baby?

mummybee is offline Registered User

Rice Crackers for Allergic baby?

Getting the right teething rusks for my allergic baby (allergic to egg, wheat, milk; 11mths) has been an uphill battle. My best bet is rice crackers but it has been tough to get the right kind for her:

(1) Park n Shop has the "rice cake" variety but to my horror, one large chunk broke when she took the first (and only) bite and I had to pry it out of her mouth
    (2) CitySuper has the ideal "rice cracker" type but the factory also processes milk,egg,wheat and bub reacted to it

Anyone has any more ideas where I can get plain rice cakes?? If not, do you know of a recipe? I tried an online recipe last week but failed miserably.

Incidentally, anyone who can share gluten-free, egg-like, milk-free recipes?

Erin is offline Registered User
    Healthy Times has maple teething buiscits and maple arrowroot cookies that have no egg, milk or wheat in them. I get mine at Healthy Delights. They will deliver for free with orders above $600. There website is http://www.healthydelight.net/. Lots of the other Healthy Times products are egg and dairy free, but do contain wheat.

glee is offline Registered User
    great in Pacific Place and bumps to babes stock organix brand rice crackers - they come in plain, orange and apple flavours. My boy loves them!

does anyone have bread (wheat, egg, milk free) recipes to share?

mummybee is offline Registered User
    Erin, Healthy Times maple teething biscuits have oat and barley ie gluten-based like wheat so my bub reacted to them. all healthy times products are "off the menu" as they contain wheat.

glee, i found only organix rice cakes which are the ones I bought from park n Shop - they broke off in chunks and are choking hazard.

will visit Little Giant this week and see what they offer.

Erin is offline Registered User
    Have you asked on a celiac or an allergy website? Those type of sites usually share recipes. I found some teething buiscut recipies when I did a search of celiac and teething buiscits.