Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bottle vs Nipples

KoKo is offline Registered User

Bottle vs Nipples

I started to feed 1 meal (mid-night) in formula to my baby when she's 1 month old, she'd been doing that ok for about 2 weeks, and suddenly, there's one nite that she started to reject bottle and only likes to drink from my breast. Why is that? Any solution?

lydia is offline Registered User

My girl (9mth) seems to be refusing the bottle these days too. She has also become more attached to me - whenever she see me, she wants me to carry and not any one else.

The other night I trick her to drink from the bottle: I offer her my breast first, then half way through I stop her and offer the bottle. I am doing this b'cos she wakes up too many times in the night and I suspect my breast milk is not enough for her.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Fo Tan
    Have you tried different bottle nipples? Some brands claim to be more "natural" than others and they do come in different shapes and angles.

carmenwong is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    My girl was like that too when I was breastfeeding her. She started off to be OK with the bottle at the very beginning, but I don't pump out every time (lazy)...and then she started to establish her preference and prefer to be breastfed, since I work from home, I didn't make any attempt to correct her preference, but then you could tell that I couldn't be away from her for too long as she would really ignore the bottle and prefer to wait till I got home. This lasted until she turned 8 months old when I weaned her. It was easy to switch her back to the bottle and formula then, perhaps it was because I had also started her with solids. But I did a little trick to help her switch easier, she loves to fall asleep whenever I let her latch on, in the middle of it, I'd release myself and stuck the bottle into her mouth.