Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Transfer of Domestic Helper from Singapore

Millerwhisk is offline Registered User
    Hi Merlion

I have replied to your message.

Re agency its not the one that has been recommended to you so if it is on recommendation then I am sure it is ok.

We did continue to pay our helper whilst she is in the philippines but singapore wages not hong kong. We felt it unfair to not pay her anything.

Re Honkyblues post and the helper coming in temporarily.Yes this is possible and I know lots of people who have done it. Technically they are not allowed to work. I was informed that this could jeopardise your chance of getting a visa for your helper. Its personal choice if you want to take the risk. We decided it was'nt worth it for the few weeks we were without her.

Good luck!

DDbabies is offline Registered User

Transfer of Indonesian Helper from SG

Hi there

I would like to know if we can transfer Indonesian Maid ourselves or do you have a agency to recommend. My husband is already in HK and staying in a service apartment. Can we start to process our helper's visa soon? We plan to bring her over with the rest of us (myself and the kids) around July/ Aug this year.

Many thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    I think you should be able to manage the paperwork yourselves. You can't apply until you've found a proper residence. Paperwork takes 4-6 weeks and your helper cannot be in HK when you apply. A neighbor brought her Indonesian helper with her from Singapore. Immigration asked her to send the helper home and within 2 weeks she received her visa. The whole process took 6 weeks.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

DDbabies is offline Registered User

Transfer of Domestic Helper from Singapore

Hi Rani

Can I ask if your neighbour is Indonesian or Singaporean? I called the HK Indonesia embassy and they mentioned that my Indonesian maid will require an agent in Jarkata and need to be in Indonesia when we apply the HK visa? I am very puzzled. Also, did your neighbour only send the relevant docs to HK immgration to get her visa?

Sorry for asking some many questions... grateful if you can help me to ask your neighbour...

Thanks in advance!!

rani is offline Administrator
    My neighbour is actually Indian. Shortly after the helper arrived from Indoneisa they got transferred back to Singapore, and they have already left. The Indonesian Consulate is known for being the most difficult, and you really need to go down there in person and pray the person at the counter is having a good day. The first step is to get the employment contract chopped and verified by the Consulate. If you can get that done the rest is fairly easy.
    Last edited by shri; 06-07-2007 at 06:50 PM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

angeilin is offline Registered User
    Hi Honkyblues

Did your helper have to pay 6 months of her salary to the agency? Pls can you give me the agent contact as I'm trying to do a direct hire of Indonesian helper from Singapore. Thanks!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12