Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

HELP NEEDED! Sleep for a 4.5 month old

babi77 is offline Registered User

Thank you. We will try.

This morning, we put him down for his nap when he's sleepy, but no rocking or nursing or crading, just nanny sitted besided him pat him till he's alseep, and we succeed.

So next step we will need to leave him....I'll update to see it works or not.

Thanks.

Babi

Dear Friends,

I follow your advice and I want to let all of you the outcome.

Well basically I follow the routine and put my baby on bed at 8:00pm and he cried, scream, severly, but anyway, he sleeps at 8:30pm till 11:30pm, then I nurse him again since he's hungry. Then he started crying again at 1:10am, and then at 1:35am, he stopped and slept till 7:30am this morning.

Seem the crying each time is better.

So am I sucessful? I'll continue and see tonight. Thx for everything

Regards
    Babi

scr
    scr is offline Registered User

Continue to be consistent and you should get what you are hoping for. Good luck. Hope it goes smoothly :)

Klam is offline Registered User

Hi babi77

My baby is about 14 weeks and I kind of loosely followed Gina Ford's schedule and now he sleeps over night. This is his schedule and maybe it can help you.

He wakes up about 7am with a feed.
    Naps about 9am to 10am
    11am feed
    afternoon nap at about 12-2pm
    2pm feed
    between about 4-5pm, he will have a half hour nap which he falls asleep and wakes himself.
    About 7.30pm he starts his evening sleep.
    I wake him about 10.15pm for his last feed. He then sleeps through to about 6.30-7am next morning.
    Initially at the beginning, he would wake up crying at about 5am for a feed but as the days went on, his crying ended up being just whimpers which I tried to ignore and he would fall back to sleep without needing a feed. After a couple of days, he just slept straight through without waking up.

It took my son about a week to sleep overnight using the above schedule but just like scr mentioned, you need to be consistent and find what works for you.
    Let us know how you are getting on!

Everyone,

Well my son is learning fast in this type of sleeping and my helper told me that for his afternoon nap, just upt him on his bed and he never cried and then sleep soundly for 2 hours just 5 minutes after putting him on his bed.

So I believe consistency and he's learning.

Though I admit, the first time hearing him cry, scream, shout and angry is really a torture for me, but I know is for his good. Hope he will continue to learn.

Thanks.

Regards
    Babi

Kimmi is offline Registered User

I think your lucky to have a baby that sleeps so much!. My bub is 11 weeks now and only has a few cat naps in the day the longest being 1-2 hours if hes out in the pram. We finally usually get he to bed in the evening at around 10.30-11pm, then he wakes at 1 or 2am then wakes again at 4pm, this is when hes fussy with wind and can take an hour or so to get him back to sleep for a couple of hours. Then my 3 year old gets me up at 6.30am. OH well all babies are different

JennyB is offline Registered User

I can recommend a book called The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley, for those of us who don't like leaving babies to cry it out. It has some good tips on how to encourage good sleep habits in a gradual fashion, and suggests 10-day targets for seeing some improvement. I got it from Geobaby Shop - and I wasn't paid to advertise that!

Just want to update all of you. My boy now sleeps on his own, though stll some cry out but is lesser and lesser.

Thanks everyone.

Regards
    Babi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast