Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

HELP NEEDED! Sleep for a 4.5 month old

Parkview Mom is offline Registered User
    The New Contented Baby Book by Gina Ford - follow that to the letter and you, baby and the Nanny will be sleeping thru in no time

turtle is offline Registered User
    Sorry to hear about this, the replies you have already received are GREAT advice. You might also wish to double-check on the temperature in your baby's room to make sure LO is not too hot or cold.

I will get slated for this I am sure, but if you continue to have problems I would recommend buying the Gina Ford Contented Baby Book. If anything, it only costs HKD90-100 and it will help to give you more of an idea about routines and how to get baby happy with the idea of going to sleep and how to keep the bedtime routine the same. A lot of people are not into her advice, but having had my LO sleep through the night from 18 weeks onwards I am her biggest fan!

Something to try to remember also, although it will be hard as you are so exhausted, is that you WILL get through this. It might just be a stage and in a few weeks you might be laughing with your friends about how crazy your LO was making you with funny sleeping patterns....

All the best

mrsstavros is offline Registered User
    You're doing great!
    Start the day like this keep him awake until 10am then down for a nap 10- 12noon.

Then nap again like you have 2:30 - 5pm.

Skip the last cat nap, nurse him about 7:30 & put him to bed at 8pm for the night. & Yes if he wakes up let him cry. Hopefully he will sleep from 8pm to 8am. Also try a noise machine like soothing ocean waves & a black out shade in the room to keep it dark & he should be just fine. Good Luck!!!

wittlewabbit is offline Registered User

help needed urgently

i have no prob with the morning and afternoon naps, basically my bb wakes up at 6. 30 , feed , then sleep , then bath, feed, sleep, ( 9./10 am plus) then wake feed, sleep,( 1/ 2 pm plus) then wake sleep ( 4/5pm plus) clean up, then sleep 6/7pm plus but not for long.( cat nap) then feed , 8pm-----and trouble starts, we have probs putting him to bed, it is the fussiest period of time, we carry him on our shoulder , till he is calmed down, then put him down , the moment we try , he screams, ( unless he is very sleepy) when we put him down , we give him the pacifier, and bolster and pat him , but he will arch his back and protest....:( and finally we get him to sleep like an hour later/ half an hour the best. i do the dream feed at 11pm then he will sleep , but he STILL WAKES UP AT NIGHT!.... hungry. at times, for comfort feeding at times cas he does not finish the bottle. how he wakes up is like this---1) either his pacifier drops out 2) the major culprit is--his arms will start to frail and he will start rubbing his eyes till he is wake and cries.!!!! i cant NOT FEED him cause he does not finish his milk in the day at times, and cluster feeding dun work cus he does not finish his milk. HOW? help. i actually sleep with my arms on his arm so he will not jerk up awake. no point swaddling him as it makes him more pissed. could he be teething? oh pls help:(

li555 is offline Registered User
    Wittle Rabbit

Sounds just like my baby, though he is not fussing every day. You didn't say how old baby is. Breastfeeding or formula? Mine is only two months old, being exclusively breastfed and not even close to sleeping through the night. I don't expect him too yet either. I know it's hard not having any sleep, but try to get sleep when you can. When baby naps, you nap. It's surprising how you manage to adapt and exist on scattered hours of sleep.

Awaiting the moment when I get more than two hours of sleep at a time...

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User
    My baby is 5 months and she will be fussy and not sleep well at night if she has slept too much in the day. My guide is to not have her sleep more than 3.5hrs during the day b4 she goes to bed at 8pm.

wittlewabbit is offline Registered User
    hi there...forgot to mention , mine is 4.5 months too. Avi,Thanks for the tip, but tried and failed last time.we cant not let him sleep in the day cause he is the type that if he is too sleepy, he will fuss even more. when he wants to sleep, we cant stop him.we have to start patting. him.....sigh.

AG2007 is offline Registered User
    wittlewabbit
    Try putting to him to sleep on his side. My daughter (20.5 weeks) would not sleep if I put her down on her back and would fuss like your bub. She loves her side and falls alseep soon after I put her down.
    Good luck - I know it can be very tough!! I know have a problem with mine that she wakes up every 2 hours at night to feed but I'm working on weaning her off a few of the feeds. It's tough!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast