Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Any moms staying in Sai Wan Ho

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

Living in Taikoo Shing/San Wan Ho

Sorry to crash your thread but we are returning to HK next month and I am interested in life with a family in Taikoo? We lived there several years ago as a couple but now (well almost) have two children but not the budget to live out in Discovery Bay or Clearwater Bay. Is it easy to get around? Do you have the facilities to keep them entertained (I will have a two year old and newborn!)? Are there Playgroups/Schools in the area?

Thanks for your time.

kayla is offline Registered User
    Hi Ozexpat,

We've lived here for almost 4 years and our son is 2 1/2 yrs old (we're expecting our second in April 2007). There is the Quarry Bay Park which stretches a good way along the eastern corrdidor plus in the podium of each block there are swings and slides play area; there are at least 5 kindergartens with pre-nursery classes in the immediate vicinity plus other interest classes incl. arts & crafts and music; jumpin gym USA in the mall with pseudo bumper car rides & other slot machines for kids; iceskating rink; generally, we find the mall to be quite entertaining by itself; the MTR and buses are very convenient; this is really a great place for families with young children, although there is no clubhouse with extensive facilities, they do have swimming pools, badminton courts. other sports grounds are very close by in Quarry Bay Park. However, in terms of cost of accommodation, Tai Koo may not be cheaper than Discovery Bay; i've always had the impression that DB is quite affordable in contrast with many other areas.

jane9898 is offline Registered User
    Sorry - Poppy - we have to attend playgroup on wed pm.

Anyone game for Fri morning coffee? I should be there around 9, but I could stay till 11am if you manage to come out? Poppy.
    :bighug

a few of us are in touch in emails - anyone keen to join us please send me a private message with your email address - the more the merrier!!

Poppy is offline Registered User
    Hi Ozexpat!

Nice to you.

Congratulations on the new little one! And getting to the two year old milestone!!!

We moved here in January (from the UK) and I am really glad we came to the Tai Koo area. I have found it extreemly convienient for transport just about anywhere, and also convinience wise, it has everything you need - Supermarkets - Markets etc - including "City Plaza" - shopping extravaganza (teehee). Although it is so easy to get to places, it is extreemly quiet and sits back from the busy noise of the city. I have also enjoyed the big pedestrian areas where I dont have to worry about my little one (Lily) running into trouble!! There are pleanty of schools to chose from - our little one (just turned two) goes to a really cute little internation school just across the road - but there are bigger schools in you prefer (Vicroia etc). We personally have not had time to go to any clubs - but I did do research when I got here - and there are pleanty (as Kayla points out ). The best thing I have found (through this site) are the people! We have lot of fun going for coffee and talking baby and husbands and generally gossiping!

Like Kayla says though, I dont think it is any cheaper then DB to live here in terms of rent prices - we did work out though that we would save the money elsewhere - for example travel costs because of the easy location.

Anyway

Any more questions let us know :bighug

Hopefully we shall meet soon!

Take care

Poppy and lily

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Have any of you heard/seen the serviced apartment block - Bloeman's (yes it is unfortunate) in Tai Hong Street. We are staying here for the first month while we look for a place.

Thanks
    AJ

a_chan is offline Registered User
    Hi all moms,

My computer got crashed and certified dead. My goodness!!! Luckily, daddy do the backups of Audrey's photos. Anyway, can't join the next gathering, while fighting to buy a new PC.

Alice

Poppy is offline Registered User
    Awww, poor Alice! My life would crash if this PC crashed (how sad lol). Although it must be a nice excuse to get a spanking new one

To all re coffee tomorrow

I have left it this late to reply about coffee tomorrow morning so that I could see how much work I have on.

Unfortunately I have "TON's" :( So will have to give it a miss ... Sorry!

Really will try to make it next time (Work load is always up and down).

Evenings though are always fine for me 1530 onwards ...

I really love meeting up!

Have fun and take care

carmenwong is offline Registered User
    Hi AJ: Welcome to HK! Your kid is very cute!

About Taikoo Shing, me and my hubby has been in this neighborhood for almost 7 years by now. We can't move out from here, we love this place. When I was carrying Carissa, we were planning to move out of Taikoo, looking for a bigger place, but after some serious apartment hunting, we decided to stay here and move to a 3 bedroom within the neighborhood. We just love with this place, esp. now we have a 15 months old. There are parks in the neighorhood, the Quarry Bay park is clean and like Poppy had said, air quality in the neighborhood is acceptable, public transportation is convienence, there are supermarkets and shops in the neighorhood. How's your apartment hunting going on so far?

Hi Alice:
    Sorry about your computer, lucky you got the photos backed up. My hard drive crashed one time and we have lost all of our travelling pics...
    Ever since, I always do a back up once in a while. You knever know...
    But on the bright side, you're gonna get a new one...yay!

Carmen

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast