Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

does the Maxi-Cosi Carseats fit in HK Taxis?

gidget is offline Registered User
    Hoorah, that's a relief, thanks for the update. Mine is being delivered next week, so shall practice then.

Matty, I tried ot get the Citi, but apparently the Cabrio has replaced it, or at any rate the Citi is no longer available.

Matty is offline Registered User
    Hi Gidget,

The citi was available in Wing on and B2B only a month ago!

I wouldn't panic about the Cabrio, there are loads of people using them in HK, so they must be fine most of the time.
    It's a very small size difference.
    Take it out for a few spins in a taxi empty before the baby comes, I'd lve to hear how it goes.

gidget is offline Registered User
    Ohhh pffutty!
    I went to Wing On {central} to check too, although didn't buy it from there. Anyway, I just looked at the Maxi Cosi web site and you're right, it's still on there, so it obviously is still available.
    I guess what my sales assistant REALLY meant is that she only only had the Cabrio to sell me!!

Shall do the empty taxi runs with the Cabrio before I try to swap though and see how it goes. You can just see me can't you, with my 'imaginary' baby going for a trip!!
    Last edited by gidget; 08-17-2006 at 10:06 PM.

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Just to let you all know, the Maxi-Cosi Cabrio fits in some taxis - not all. I would say about 2 out of 3 cabs have the right length seat-belt. It can be embarrassing and cause chaos in a taxi queue when the first thing you do is pull the seatbelt out, then say "sorry, too short, won't hold the baby seat" and try out the next cab. I've pissed off quite a few cab drivers who think I'm crazy because (a) they have no idea what I've just said and (b) they have no idea why I'm pulling their seatbelts then walking away and (c) even if they've understood, they still think I'm crazy because they think child safety is an optional extra.

It's a great carseat though. My 10-mth-old is very comfortable in it (and was when he was newborn too). I use it on the Bugaboo wheels and it looks great too.

HTH
    Honkyblues

JennyB is offline Registered User
    One thing I have discovered recently is that it's easy to yank the seatbelt too hard, thereby causing the brake to kick in which stops it stretching fully. So extend the seatbelt SLOWLY and some of the ones you think are too short may in fact fit. I'm sure some seatbelts are still too short though!

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    does anyone know if the Citi will fit onto a Quinny frame?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12