Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does the Maxi-Cosi Carseats fit in HK Taxis?

eplo19 is offline Registered User

Red face does the Maxi-Cosi Carseats fit in HK Taxis?

I can't seem to get my Maxi-Cosi Cabrio to fit in a HK Taxi. The Seatbelt is not long enough- has anyone successfully tried this? Also, I know there are no laws in HK stating that a baby must be in a carseat when in a vehicle-but it's so unsafe to travel with a baby without a carseat. If a Maxi-Cosi doesn't fit in taxis- what other brands fit then? Also, once our baby grows out of the infant carseat- what is the safest way to travel with a baby in HK?

Bumblebzz is offline Registered User
    Yikes, I just bought a maxi-cosi too.
    Have you had this problem in ALL taxis?

gidget is offline Registered User
    Ouch, Me three!

I asked the sales assistant about the taxis and she said it would work, but that doesn't mean too much.
    I have made my stroller choice specifically based on being able to use this capsule in taxis, it's the smallest one that I know about.

I played with the one set up on a seat in the store to work out how to do it, but I don't get mine until the end of the month to try out for sure in a taxi.
    Will let you know how I go, may be looking for a whole new stroller! {and it took me months to decide on this one!!!}

JennyB is offline Registered User
    I have also had problems with my carseat (Graco) - some seatbelts are long enough and some are not. If you find this problem and don't want to have a charade trying multiple taxis, I think the safest thing might be to stash the carseat on the floor, rear facing.

mamamau is offline Registered User
    Our Combi infant seat fits (only tried it once though)

cristletips is offline Registered User
    I have a Maxi-Cosi and I've never had a problem fitting it in taxis. I do it all the time, and I took our daughter home from the hospital when she was born in it using a taxi. So for all of you with Maxi-Cosi's don't worry!

I think you must have gotten a wonky seatbelt.

Or... In my car at home, the seatbelt is a little short, so you have to tilt the seat up with baby in it, and then kinda move it side to side wedging it in along the way.

Maybe you can practise a few times in another car.

Matty is offline Registered User
    The Maxi-Cosi Citi is a little smaller than the Cabrio, and usually fits in a taxi.
    Guess it depends on the taxi!

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User
    I bought the Peg Perego car car seat (matched with the P3 Pramette of PegPerego) and it fit perfectly in taxis with the belt on.
    I used it untill my son was 6 and indeed eplo19 they is no law in HK but I found it dangerous too while he didnt hold his head properly. Also I found the baby carrier very uncomfortable in a taxi so I was glad to have the car seat option...
    Good luck with you maxi cosi, I'm sure with some practice and a good sized belt taxi it'll work ;-)
    Alex
    :yeah2 :yeah2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast