Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

taking out a 1 and 3 year oild

capital is offline Banned

taking out a 1 and 3 year oild

How do you manage to go out by yourself with 2 small children? I can't trust either child to not take off running, so I need to hold their hands. At home in Canada I use my double stroller all the time, but I think it will be too big to use in hong kong. Is it possible to use it, or should I leave it at home? I am just not sure how I will go out. I would love to hear how other moms manage.

jools is offline Registered User

I had a similar dilemma. You're right it is tricky in Hong Kong with a double stroller. I used a mayawrap sling to carry my youngest which left my hands free for the eldest. It was and is the best purchase I ever made with children and now my third one is in it (actually as I type this, sleeping beautifully).

Jools

odm_post is offline Registered User

I think another solution you can consider is getting a buggy board.

Let no.2 sit in the stroller and no.1 stand on the buggy board. I don't know if it's still ok (not too heavy) to carry your youngest one with babybjorn, but that's what I did. With two of them in tow, I still carried a babybjorn with me - just in case the 2nd one nagged, I'd just put her in the babybjorn, then no,1 could have the luxury of sitting in the stroller for a while :)

What kind of (single?) stroller do you have?
    The downside of the buggyboard is that you have to take it off if you're getting into a taxi/car, if your stroller folds in half sideway (like Maclaren). If your stroller folds front-to-back like (like Graco) then you can just leave it on.

Cheers!

capital is offline Banned

My single stroller is the graco quattro, which is pretty big too, so I am not sure it is worth bringing. Do you have a picture of the buggy board? I have never seen one. The second one is already 17 pounds and I can't keep him in the baby bjorn for long, but I do have a moby wrap, so hopefully he won't grow too much more and I can still carry him comfortably. I never thought about using the wrap, but I could for a 1 year old I guess.

acadien is offline Registered User

I have been here a month and I haven't really figured that dilemma either!
    I have a 4 yr old and 1 yr old. I'm from Canada too and I left my big stroller at home because there really isn't much space for it here. Usually, I leave the running around until my husband is around and we go out as a family then or one goes out to do these things. I have been trying to join up with other moms in informal groups to meet at someone's house to have an afternoon tea so that you know that they are someplace safe and you can socialize.

carang is offline Registered User

hi acadien, i'm guessing you are just that, acadian....

i'm a prairie girl myself, but been here for 11+ years.
    i have an 18 month old son and another one on the way.
    i live in DB, so not too far from you. If you'd like to get together, give me a call.
    i'm going into hospital on monday for 1 or 2 days of tests but am available until then or afterwards.

hope to hear from you soon!
    Cara
    9684 4223

acadien is offline Registered User

Wink hi ya

Hi
    I will call you after you get out of the hospital. Maybe wed or thursday.
    I'll talk to you soon. Yay!