Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Venture Photography

mlam is offline Registered User
    Thanks for sharing your experience with me suzannal. After learning about your experience I plan to enjoy the photo session with my family and then set a budget for the photos before the viewing session. Hope this will save me from spending a fortune.

sillyfunkydandy is offline Registered User
    i had my session when i was pregnant, i went with my hubby.
    the photographer is british i requested for it. he is really nice but the pictures are not as good as i would like. i ended up taking only one picture that is included in the $500 package. it is a good deal if u can stick with the one photo. Also, my 5R photo is upgraded to a 8R photo because of a credit card promotion. then i went to another studio for more pics. I also took my new born abd baby pics there too. Venture's studio lighting is simple and use mostly post processing to largely enhance the images.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i had a session with them too - a package for $600 then ended up spending 1K! sad...because i don't think the photos turned out so good but when you decide against buying anything, they will push you to buy....in our opinion the frames were way TOO expensive and so we only bought a photo album (standard 15 pictures) instead...it's really hard to buy 1 photo...seemed too expensive to pay thousans of dollards just for one....anyhow, we won't be going back anymore...for my daughter's first b-day we will go to Moments instead (since my sister uses them and the rates / picture quality is much better - at least from what I've seen of her pictures compared to mine)....

stick with a budget and don't get swayed...honestly thinking about it now - if it means you don't get 10% off if you need longer to decide, I"d pay 10% more...because at the end of the day, you might not even go back...

jane01 is offline Registered User
    I have avoided using them because I don't like the way they do business. In particular, only one hour to decide, choose now or you have to pay extra, heavy sales tactics. I think that is just wrong. It might be legal, but it is still wrong. There are plenty of excellent photographers in HK who are much easier to deal with.

We have used Moments Photography in the past and have been very happy with the photos. They are posted on the internet and you can view and order at any time. You certainly don't have to use their albums or frames.

meimei is offline Registered User
    There's a new family portrait studio called Love Portraits. They have really cool styling and art direction and is very natural. Prices are much more reasonable than Venture! Check out their website online!
    LOVE PORTRAITS

shuchisingh is offline Registered User
    Rosa Tseng is very good... specially with kids. You can check her website.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123