Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Does the nanny sleep in the nursery with the baby?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Does the nanny sleep in the nursery?

Kimmi is offline Registered User
    Our kids always co-slept with us. My 6 month old is currently in our bed, he only goes in his cot for daytime naps. My 4 year old has her own room but often creeps into our bed now and again. I woudn't dream of having my kids sleep in the helpers room. I am their mother and they are my responsability.

usfret is offline Registered User
    Yeah, we co-sleep too. We started off with a cradle next to our bed, but I was just too jumpy all night long wondering if baby was okay and it was easier for me to sleep with baby in the bed next to me. He's 7 months old now and still sleeps with us.

No way I'd let my baby sleep with the nanny. She's wonderful with him and I trust her completely but I guess I'm just a really possessive mum.

shahirakk is offline Registered User
    I guess it is personal and I may change if I have more than one child but we have a moniter and baby in his own room from about 13 months just because of space issues - probably would have tried moving him at 8 months.

I just feel if my child wakes up in the night, he should see his mummy / daddy not the helper however good their relationship. Having said that, there have been ocassions when we have gone out and she has had the monitor in the kitchen / her room.

Depends on nos of children, if you work etc.
    Shahira KK

GoogleBaby is offline Registered User
    My daughter has been sleeping in her own room since she's 2 months old, nanny sleeps in the room right beside hers, so she can go to her easily when neccessary. I don't like sleeping w/ my daughter in the same room as I get very tense, I tend to check her out whenever she moves... so I prefer her to sleep on her own.

tutor1 is offline Registered User

Nanny?

Is she a Nanny exclusively or is she a housekeeper/helper?

If she's the later then it is not right to put her in the room with the child. You are the parents, she's a stranger in your home and she needs her own room and privacy. Keep the monitor by your bed.

If she's hired to look after the baby exclusively and you see to all the other chores, cooking, etc, then I think that's a diff arrangement - similar to professional nannies hired overseas in Europe and America.

joannek is offline Registered User
    googlebaby, i have exactly the same arrangement as you. i tried to sleep with my baby too, and whenever she turns, i'd sit up & check on her. i was driving myself crazy!

tutor1, mine is a nanny exclusively. but i think there are a lot of people out there who let their helper sleep in the baby's room. esp. because not all homes have maid's room in hk. (it doenst mean that i agree with them).

dull is offline Registered User
    I was sleeping in the same room with my baby (now 7 months) and I was hoping to let him sleep in the room by himself and me with a monitor next door. But as I was planning for this, he started to develop a habit of standing up in his crib when he wakes up in the middle of the night and at dawn - without making any noise! I am now scared that he would hurt himself when climbing up to standing and we wouldn't hear him.

Any moms has similar experience and how to prevent baby from climbing in his crib?

THanks!

Neha is offline Banned
    Dull

Our baby does the same thing sometimes he is standing in his cot and looking at us. He waits for sometime and then starts making is noises telling us that he is awake and to get him. He does that alot in the mornings when he is fully awake. Nothing we can do he still does but not eveyday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast