Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Does the nanny sleep in the nursery with the baby?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Does the nanny sleep in the nursery?

dull is offline Registered User
    Thanks Neha.

So do you sleep in the same room as your baby? If not, then do you just go to baby when he calls?

Neha is offline Banned
    no he sleeps in the same room with us. Weare planning to mov ehim to his room next Janauray when I come back from my vacation. He will be 13 months + so hoping that he will be able to sleep without waking up. Generally when he is awake and just making some noises lying down we dont pick him up but if he is standing and crying then yes. But now a days I se ehim when he is standing he is wantingto jump out of the cot which scares me. He rocks on the cot ledge and sometimes I feel if he realy pushes himslef he will tilt over that is the reason we have kept him in our room. Hopefully in January we will put his cot on bed level so he will not be able to jump out.

carang is offline Registered User
    it's perfectly normal for a baby to stand up in the cot. he may fall, but he'll only bang his head on the railings on the cot. it's nothing to lose sleep over. he's going to fall down a lot as he learns how to walk. it's HOW they learn.

now, if he was trying to climb out of the cot, that's completely different!

my first started to try to climb out of it when he was about 11 months old (started walking unaided by 10.5mth). i moved him into a proper bed when he was 12 months old. we put the cot matress on the floor so that if he fell out of bed, he wouldn't get hurt.

sherwes is offline Registered User
    My baby has been in his own cot in his own room since he was a couple of weeks old. Until I read this thread i didn't realise how uncommon that is! We had a really good arrangement where the baby's room adjoined our via double doors. We would just leave the doors open so we could hear everything. We also used a baby breathing monitor. If he needed me I was only a few steps away from his cot. The only exception was day time naps when he was young - we usually napped together in the same bed.

I must say that when we have another baby I would like to do the co-sleeping thing. My baby will only sleep in his cot, in his room, in the dark, alone. I would love it if he would go to sleep snuggled between my husband and I. Sometimes I think of moving him into our bed once he is already asleep so that we can all sleep together!

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwes View Post
    I must say that when we have another baby I would like to do the co-sleeping thing. My baby will only sleep in his cot, in his room, in the dark, alone. I would love it if he would go to sleep snuggled between my husband and I. Sometimes I think of moving him into our bed once he is already asleep so that we can all sleep together!
    I wouldn't worry about it. He'll come round soon enough. Our first son was the same. Slept on his own in his room from day one. Has always been a fantastic sleeper. He slept with me during the day as a baby but we grew out of that when he got a bit more mobile. It was then about a year before he ventured back into my bed. Just wouldn't do it. Now I'm pregnant again and we've taken to having a nap together during the day in my bed. It's really lovely. I don't bother closing the curtains because I want him to get used to sleeping in different conditions. We put on a story and fall asleep listening to it together.

My second son is 16 months and won't have a bar of sleeping with me although he also slept with me during the day when he was a baby. I'll just wait til he comes round in a few months.

I know some people like to co-sleep but my husband would never tolerate it and I can't blame him. It's some of the only 'us' time we have together and even then I'm forever talking about the kids!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Wow. This post is from a long time ago! Our son sleeps on his own in his room. We don't have a nanny. He's been sleeping in his room since he was probably a month old and we all love it that way. He hasn't been able to climb out of his crib yet (we set the mattress down on the lowest setting so the rails are very high) but he's been walking since he was a little over 8-months-old. I'm actually surprised he hasn't made it out of the crib yet--but he also likes his crib now so maybe he doesn't see any reason to climb out. We'll probably keep him his crib (which was given to us and is very big--much bigger than the ones you buy in HK, normally) until he's about 2-years-old or something (he's 18-months now). It's no rush for us to move him out as we're not having any more babies.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Our son slept in his own room at about 3 months. I was hesitant at first, but looking back now (22 months), it was much better that way and I am glad we did it. Our son walked at 12 months, climbed out of his crib at 20 months and has been sleeping in a real bed (not toddler) with the tallest and longest guard rail we could find (KidCo makes it) since then. We have a mattress memory foam topper that we put below in case of a fall, but it hasn't happened yet. In fact, he can climb over the guard rail into his own bed.

If we have a 2nd one, I think it will be the same scenario.
    Our helper never does night duty and sleeps in her own room.

curiousmummy is offline Registered User
    Southside852, i sent you a PM about the bed rail

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123