Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey there! Dear Mums to be:

dragonsue is offline Registered User

Hey there! Dear Mums to be:

Dear all,

Having read all of your post, it is very exciting to have an English speaking forum in Hong Kong!

I am 15 weeks and due on 2nd Feb. I live in Macau and had been learning a lot about my first baby. Me and my BF shared a great experience into having this baby, from being "out of space" to being feeling happy.

In Hong Kong (not to mention Macau) is very hard to find information about being pregnant. My BF travels frequently so when I get a chance I'll get him to get all the magazines with Parents, babies, pregnancy on the magazines. The UK magazines does tell me a lot of facts and the dos and don'ts. I can share my books and materials to you all when you are having your decafs meetings.

Here I had been registered on this website www.babycenter.com, and every week it email you to give you an idea on the progress of your baby in your tummy. It's very good!

Did any of you manged to squeeze into the Baby Expo two weeks ago at the HKEC? I went and it was great! I got a lot of samples from milk bottles to diapers.

On the shopping side, there's a lot of factory garments in Macau which is great! On my 8th weeks I already cannot resist the temptation of buying such good quality baby clothings. Now i have quite an itch, soon as next week I know whether my baby is a boy or girl, I'll do some serious shopping. I got mostly stuff from Adams, Gap, Chicco at a shocking price of $19 a piece!

Sorry for being such a long winded post, but I am really excited!
    I chose to give birth at Malitda Hospital.

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    Hey Dragonsue, lovely to meet you. I'll be giving birth at the same hosp as you, if all goes well. The Expo sounds fun, although I don't think I could justify a visit at just under 10 weeks. I did read an amusing article in a pregnancy magazine though saying that 70 per cent of women have already bought baby clothes by the end of their first trimester. 70 per cent! So don't feel too bad. I have resisted so far but only by studious avoidance of any shops where I might encounter them ;)

great to have such a quick reply!

pinemarten,

it really makes me happy with such a quick response. We are already studying into prams and baby bed. We've got a good reference from the MotherCare catalogue.

When's your due date? I guess that hospital is quite a good choice. I was born at St. Paul's in CB.

Today I thought of setting up a web diary to write about my baby. Only 15 weeks now yesterday I looked down quietly and saw that my belly :baby2: is moving. It's great experience!

Oops, above I meant to say "just under 9 weeks". See, definitely getting ahead of myself. My due date is 24 March.

I'm enjoying the blog (as a writer and soon to be a freelance one, I like things that force me to write regularly!). Let me know if you set one up too!

So exciting that you saw your belly moving, wow!

AshleeRae is offline Registered User

Hello

An Expo was mentioned. Is this a Baby Expo? I am definetely among the 70% who has purchased items for the baby. Not sure if I am over preparing or just very excited.

When do you girls plan to meet up again? Sometime next week maybe? I just got back from the states and feel a bit out of the loop.

I too use the babycenter website, its great. Also try the americanpregnancy.org site which is also helpful.
    Hope you gals are feeling well!

xo Ashlee Rae
    Last edited by AshleeRae; 08-19-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Hi AshleeRae - yep, next meetup is on Thursday, 6:30pm at Pacific Coffee IFC.

Hi Pinemarten,
    Yep really really enjoyed your blog. keep it up! Very good info especially on the Omega 3 bits. As I don't eat fish and seldom eat seafood.

Well girls tough luck for me to meet up with you guys as I live in Macau -- even though I am typing this at Pacific Coffee at IFC so to speak! Anyway keep me posted and I hope I can meet up with all of you.

I've got a blog, but I have to catch up with you speed to update what I wanhted to write about my baby.

You guys take care because it's brutally hot out there -- I prefer to stay indoor if I could. I went for a baby shopping yesterday at the outlets in Macau, just couldn't resist the temptation again to buy Ticker (nick for my baby now) some of the newest winter wraps and blankets, bought some hats too and I tried them on my teddy bears. Fantastic!

AshleeRae is offline Registered User
    Dear Dragonsue,

Where in Macau are the outltets? Maybe the HK girls should make a day trip out there (once the weather cools off) to do a bit of shopping with you. Sounds like you have found some beautiful items.

Look forward to meeting you one day when you get the chance.

Take care.
    AshleeRae

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast