Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bambino mio nappies

mamaS is offline Registered User

Bambino mio nappies

Hi,

Anyone had tried using the bambino mio nappies and wrap/cover? is it good? leaking problem? thanks.

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    Hi mamaS,
    I'm a big fan of bambino mio covers. For a while I used just terry towelling flat nappies that I bought from Mothercare, with snappis (rubber hook thing instead of safety pins) and the bambino mio covers.

The covers are excellent, as they have leg guards/gussets that help to keep everything contained. I really, really like them! My only complaint would be the very limited range of prints and colours. I think I purchased mine from Eugene Baby Club.

The nappies are prefolds, is that right? Like, a muslin sort of fabric sewn together. That would be similar in practice to using the terry flat nappies as I did. I think it would be fine, but I did find eventually that I preferred to use fitted nappies with the covers, because it provides that little bit extra protection, with the elastic on the legs. With bambino mio I never had leaks out of the cover, so no wetness on the clothes, but within the cover, I had poo leaks, which you then have to clean off the cover and that's annoying. As far as I know there are no fitted nappies you can purchase from a real store in Hong Kong, though there are online stores.

For Hong Kong weather, a flat nappy and a cover is very good, in terms of drying, so bambino mio would suit that purpose. I also love pocket nappies, because they are much more convenient to use, and they dry just as quickly. If you stuff the pockets as they come out of the wash, they are ready to put on and it's just as easy as using a disposable, no covers or pins needed.

I got some of my pockets from Australian stores, and also from the HK vendor Nappy Pooh. Have you already had your baby or are you currently pregnant? I can also recommend the bambino mio flushable liners. They really make life a lot easier when using cloth nappies.

HKAussie
    Last edited by rani; 08-18-2006 at 09:16 PM.

thanks hkaussie for your reply. I'll get the bambino cover then.

I'm still pregnant, so getting ready on which nappies to get. So, which one do you recommend if i will only buy one (for newborn or infant), the bambino or the pocket diaper from nappypooh? I know the bambino pre-fold + cover will turn out cheaper than the pocket diaper, correct?

Hm, it's hard to say. I guess you do get more use out of the prefolds and covers, insofar as you can use any other cheap nappies inside those same covers. The pocket ones are so nice though! They are so super soft on baby's skin and nice and trim.

Personally I like to have a range of diapers, but I know that's not for everyone. Once you get use to using cloth nappies you start to use the different types for different needs. For example, if it's 4pm and I know there won't be any more 'dirty' nappies, just wet ones, I will put my baby in a flat nappy with a cover, with no booster or anything, because it's not worth using a big absorbent nappy for a time when he won't wet it much.

If I am going out, or even just across to the shops or the playground, I would choose a more heavy duty nappy like a pocket stuffed with double inserts or a good fitted nappy with a cover, to give extra protection.

So if I had unlimited money, I would probably go ahead and buy the pocket nappies and inserts. There aren't really any downsides to these apart from the cost. If you want to play it a bit more safe, get a few of each kind. If you want to do the cheapest option, get the covers and some terry flat nappies from Mothercare, and buy just one of the pockets just to try it out and see if you like it enough to buy more.

Hope that helps! I love cloth nappies!

thanks hkaussie, got the idea now.

By the way, where did you buy your snappis? from mothercare too?

No actually I had to get these sent up from Australia! I haven't found anywhere that sells them here. You could order them online from an overseas vendor too I guess.

Pins you can get from Mothercare if you don't mind stabbing yourself daily!

Hkaussie,

I went around but can't find this snappis. Found it at overseas vendor but if i just order one snappi, then the shipping cost might be even more expensive than one snappi.

Do you have a spare to sell? i just need one, right?

Anyone with snappi who wants to sell? thanks. I don't like to use the safety pins.

Hi mamaS, I just saw your post :-)

Do you know anyone who lives in Australia? They cost about $10 there in pharmacies and supermarkets!

But otherwise I am very happy to send you a few. You really only need one, but it is good to have a couple spares because they have a bad habit of going missing - just like odd socks.

Really I would be happy to just pop 2 in an envelope and mail them to you, no need to pay because they are so cheap. Send me a private message with your address.

HKAussie