Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Booster Seat or HighChair for your 6 months and above baby?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

booster seat vs high chair?

eplo19 is offline Registered User

booster seat vs high chair?

I'm still debating if I should buy a booster seat on the go like the 1st Safety one or a basic highchair for my 61/2 month old. We bought the 1st Safety booster seat already for the purpose of bringing it out to her grandparents or to friends house or to restaurants that doesn't have highchairs... but we're still debating if we should get a regular highchair as well... why would a highchair be better?

fly
    fly is offline Registered User

We used to sit our little one on his bumbo and fortunately the dining chair has arms so he won't slide off :-) But we did get a highchair at 9 months though since I believe the boosters aren't high enough (h/chair is adjustable) and there is a risk of the chair tipping over of he should kick the table, etc.

capital is offline Banned

I have a hgih chair from my first and I hate it. The pad is cloth, not plastic so it is always dirty, it is really hard to take the straps out to wash them. It is foldable, but food was always getting into the hinge and I had to use a toothpick to get it out! I am starting solids soon with my 6 month old. I went to Toys are us today and they have a lot of different booster chairs (this was in canada, so not sure if the TRU in HK will sell the same brands) There were some that change height positions, they have the dishwasher safe clip on trays over the regular tray too. Booster seats have come along way from how they used to be. I think I will buy the one I found that the entire thing can come apart and all peices can go in the dishwasher. I want one that is very easy to clean. Other nice things to get, whether it is a high cahir or booster seat, are trays that come off easily,the dishwasher safe tray on the top

eplo19 is offline Registered User

I got a 1st Safety Booster Seat that has one height adjustable "legs" and so far are using that before I decide if i need a highchair or not.. is that this one that Capital is talking about?

carang is offline Registered User

we have had a high chair for both of ours. i wouldn't go without it.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

We are using the high chair too... but if I had to buy another one, I would go for an easiest design, as we also have to clean all these little corners with a brush, and we have never used all its functions, like differents levels, up and down, sit or lying etc.... and we took the cushion seat away very quickly as our son was sticking to it with the heat and his head was always wet !

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

I started out with the safety first plastic portable booster, then switched to the Stokke high chair b/c my son started pushing against the table and leaning the chair backwards!!

I would also recommend the hoppop diaper bag/booster seat. It's really been a purchase that we've used over and over again and was definitely worth the $800 it costs at Mothercare!!
    https://www.funkymonkeybaby.com/secu...1924_small.jpg

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I never had a regular high chair ... waste of money, too big, too much plastic. We have a Stokke, we have 2 actually and have Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster seats which I bought for US$20 a piece and have been worth every single penny! I couldn't live without the Stokke, that's what we use daily. When the twins started using them, when my oldest was around 3 (twins 6 months) we moved my oldest to a booster cushion (Babysmart Cooshee) which has been working fine (she often uses the regular seat anyway).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast