Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Moody and Dizzy?

Dave 22 is offline Registered User

Moody and Dizzy?

Hi all

My girlfriend is now about 6-7 weeks pregnant. This is our first so we don't know what to expect. I worry because she has been getting alot of dizzy spells which prevents her from moving around alot. I know to expect sickness and that she has become more less active, and also abit more moody. But is the dizzyness common? She is like that everyday, and I worry because she always seem to be unwell. I always want to hellp her but am not sure what to do.

Can anybody please confirm this?

I look forward to your replies.

Many thanks

Dave (confused and rather worried partner)

DTHY is offline Registered User
    This is quite common and surely this is only a phase. The one that really got me was motion sickness. I couldn't ride in anything: cars, buses, mini-buses, ferries, MTR, KCR, you name it! I would get dizzy, the cold-sweat and wanted to throw-up!

The moodiness is caused by the horomonal changes and, of course, the fact that your gf will become a mother and the possible changes in your relationship.

Be patient, understanding and supportive. This phase will pass. If you are reallly worried, accompany your gf to her check-ups to show that your care and talk to the doctor about it if necessary.

carang is offline Registered User
    you might want to buy the book "what to expect when you're expecting"...it answers loads of common questions like this.

i remember in my first pregnancy, my hubby looked at me the wrong way and i went off the deep end, yelling, crying etc...i was actually contemplating divorce!
    a few minutes later, he came intot he bedroom and said, "what did i do?"
    through my sobs....i answered...."i don't know!!!!!!!!!!!"

now we laugh about it...but to me at the time, i was very serious...

Dave 22 is offline Registered User
    thanks all

I appreciate it. Everything you guys mentioned is what I'm going through and to hear its normal or a phase makes me feel much much better...

Thanks again

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    I also use to get really dizzy in the early weeks of my pregnancy- I almost blacked out completely on the MTR several times, it was very scary! I found that as soon as I started to feel dizzy if I sat down and drank water after a few minutes I would feel a lot better.
    I also went through a stage early pregnancy where I couldn't bear to be around my husband, it sounds awful to say now, but everything he did irritated me! Fortunetly it didn't last long.

'What to Expect when you're Expecting,' was the first thing I brought (after the pregnancy test) and I've found it really helpful, especially during the first 4-5 months of my pregnancy. Some parts are very America orientated but it really is great for reassuring you!

cha-cha is offline Registered User
    Dizzy spells could be a sign of low blood pressure, avoid hot showers as that can make it worse.

The current weather doesn't help much either.

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    Here's a good article about dizziness during pregnancy:
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...dizziness.html

willmoms is offline Registered User
    Dave.. give her a head massage and neck rub is good and will also help her to relax. I love my hubby touch--it kept me calm and helped me get through this phase. good luck!

Scroll to top