Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

which electrical breast pump

JennyB is offline Registered User

which electrical breast pump

I am looking at buying an electrical pump for my second-born. I used a manual pump with my first-born (for part-time working), but found it too slow because I had time pressure for pumping at work.

One advantage of the manual pump was that I could put the whole thing (sealed) in the fridge all day, use it more than once, and not have to wash it until I got home. I have zero access at work to hygienic washing facilities - only a washroom with cold water - and no time for cleaning and sterilising anyway.

Does anybody know of a double electric pump where I can put the essential parts (which will come into contact with milk) in the fridge for second use without cleaning? OR, failing that, for which spares of the essential parts can be purchased inexpensively?

suzannal is offline Registered User

I am using the Avent IQ Duo pump (I think that is the name).

It consist of a main unit with a connection cable, which connects to the two pumps. The main unit and the connection cable needs to be wiped clean only. The pumps can be separated and washed, or stored away for later usage in the fridge. I usually pump once or twice at work, and I just store the pumps in the fridge after first usage.

If you have ever used the Avent hand pump, it is exactly the same, except for one part. Speed is quite good, I can get a good 8 oz in around 10 to 15 minutes. I haven't purchased an spares yet, but have asked the distributor that they do indeed sale the spare parts separately.

JennyB is offline Registered User

Thanks Suzannal. Where did you buy it?

suzannal is offline Registered User

I bought mine at Mothercare. Not sure if they have them in stock, but you can ask. It is in their catalogue. I have also seen them at Bumps to Babes as well, I think.

newbies is offline Registered User

From my past experience after having used 2 brands of electric pump - started with avent for first few months then move on with medela mini electric, certainly Medela works best for me. Bought it in Singapore though.

Vivian is offline Registered User

Jenny

I have a Medela mini electric one. It worked very well for me. I went back to work when my son was three months old. The pumped help me to breastfeed by son 100%. Now my son is 10 months old, and i have to stop breastfeeding him because of my health problem.

I can lend the pump to anyone who need it.

adahc is offline Registered User

Vivian,
    I may be a far too late o ask if I can borrow your pump?
    I'm in DB, where are you?