Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Introducin Ice-cream, peanuts/nuts

msmslau is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Introducin Ice-cream, peanuts/nuts

Hi - I have a 1 yr old daughter. I wonder how and when other moms introduce ice-cream and peanuts/nuts to their babies.

For ice-cream, I worry about the suger content

For peanuts/nuts, I worry about allergic reaction.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    New Territories
    Ah... ice cream - my eldest's "first solid". She was a little over 3 months old and I was visting my homeland and introducing DH to my favorite ice cream parlor. She was eyeing me enjoying it, so I put a dab on my finger and brought it to her mouth. She then reared back and LUNGED for the bowl... I gave her another finger tip. After that I started he on pureed vegetables and congee.

If you don't want to give your baby ice-cream, don't do it. I don't think my kids actually ate much ice cream until they were almost 3. It's not like ice-cream is a necessity.

As for peanuts, I think I waited until they were over 1 year old and then let them try a bit of peanut butter.

There too, if you are worried, don't give it to your baby ntil you are less worried.

carmenwong is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Mine is turning 15 months old now and I let her tasted ice-cream when she was shortly over one. It wasn't like I let her had one scoop all to herself, the situation was kinda like loupou's... haha...she saw her Daddy enjoying his scoop and tried to reach for his ice-cream...he let her tasted some, and up to now, she had a taste of it once in a rare while. And instead of letting her had ice-cream, I let her have baby yogurt almost everyday.