Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Moving to USA

jubee is offline Registered User
    There is also an Ikea in Palo Alto right off the 101 freeway (University exit) if you like the Ikea style.

Also for kids/baby items, there is a Yahoo group for South Bay Parents that is set up to enable parents in the Silicon Valley area to buy, sell, trade or give away baby, child and maternity equipment, toys, clothes, and related items.. It's pretty safe, I've had no issues dealing with buying or selling off the site and it's geared for the San Jose area and vicinity. Here is the website:

There are also other sites such as CraigsList( )and where you can search for items that people are selling/giving away all over the bay area (and beyond). You might need to look through the items carefully, but I've had friends post/buy some beautiful furniture on Craigslist for cheap.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions on the Bay Area, it's my stomping grounds!

hoimei is offline Registered User
    Thank you very much! \^ o ^/

SyL is offline Registered User
    Sheung Wan
    You can avoid the expensive shipping and follow jubee's advice, unless you have items you can't do without. Garage sales are held weekly, almost, in Sunnyvale and nearby cities--just follow the signs posted on the neighborhood streets! (Although, I can't comment on quality or lack of.)

If you find yourself needing an asian environment, with shops and such, visit Cupertino Square in Cupertino (bordering city) or Milpitas Square (Walmart is nearby). Both places have a 99Ranch--the largest asian supermarket: .

Enjoy the California weather!

kellyst is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    used to be in Cali and sold my furniture on a very popular communicty website for the Bay Area. my furniture and car basically all sold within a week, no problems at all. maybe you want to check it out, as list is very active.

yeah, feel free to pm me as well. love that place! Enjoy!

myfavor is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    we just moved back the the US last year. I really recommend you to buy furniture there instead of shipping it, unless you really love your own furniture, since the shipping is really high, plus the furniture there is not too expensive.....

msmslau is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    echo all suggestions above. in addition, try furniture stores on El Camino Street in Sunnyvale/mountain view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12