Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Extension of stay...

jaetee is offline Registered User

Extension of stay...

Does anyone know how I can book an appointment for the Wanchai Immigration office to extend a dependent visa? Also how long does the process take - will they have to keep my passport and my hubby's passport (hubby is my sponsor)??

I tried the ESD link but didnt see where to book for the Wanchai office, only for Kowloon located places?

Thanks. :)

carang is offline Registered User
    don't think that you have to book. i believe that you can just show up...take a book though...might take a while!

jaetee is offline Registered User
    thanks carang. i was told to prebook because of the wait and possibly being asked to come back.
    any ideas how to book? and if they will keep my hubby's passport since he is my sponsor?

thanks.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    I would e-mail the immigration department- they usually reply pretty quick and will tell you exactly what you need to do; you can find their e-mail add on their website.

DRW
    DRW is offline Registered User
    Hi,

What I did last time was called their hotline and asked them which form that I need for the dependant visa (be patience for waiting tho as the line always busy) but I remembered only download 3 kind of forms. You can download tru internet so you don't need to come to get them.

Once you fill all the forms then you can come to the Immigration tower, 5/F to admit all your forms; bring your ID card and your hubby ID card (not the copy), and bring your passport (this is what they asked me to bring; just incase ask them for more information). And after you admit your application forms they give you no. and you have to wait for their officer to call you. Waiting may be a while. I use to come early so it wil be not very crowded.

And usualy if your appliccations forms and some documents their asked are all complete, they give you a piece of paper for an interview (wait for about 2 weeks).

hope this can help.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I need to extend my visa and noticed that you can now apply online - has anyone ever done this? How did you find it? Debating whether it would be more hassle or less. I've already filled out all the forms ready to take in, might have to redo that if I do it online. Plus communication might not be as good? But I wouldn't have to go in person and waste my time that way... was wanting to hear someone's experience before I did the online application...

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    And yes I know I'm posting in a 4 year old topic, but I figured it was easier than starting a new one ;) I tried searching before I started a new topic ;)

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    I recently extended my visa, too. I filled out the paperwork online, the printed it out. I booked the appointment online. It's handy because you can choose what date you want and see what time slots are available. I chose the earliest one that I could because I know their office must get backed up as the day goes on. Print out your appointment confirmation. When you get to the office, show your paperwork, appointment confirmation, your passport, and your dh's original id card, and your id card. The guy will give you a number, and then you go wait. You have to watch the screen for your number, because they don't always say it over the loud speaker. I think they say on the website that it should take no longer than 90 minutes. I was out within an hour. They don't keep your passport, but give you a paper to keep saying that you've been approved and it's in process. So if you need to travel, you take this paper with you. You go back after 2 weeks to get the visa sticker in your passport.
    All the best,
    Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast