Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I've sent my maid away because of my in-law.

yunyun is offline Registered User

I've sent my maid away because of my in-law.

I sent my Philipinno maid away this morning and
    I was so sad.

This morning my maid was preparing my sandiwich as usual.
    She found an empty milk powder can on the kitchen branch then she threw it in the rubbish bin.

Suddenly, my in-law saw what she've done and started yelling to her about she chuck her stuff away without asking her.... (in chinese)
    My maid was shocked and dunno what happened so she shaked her head meaning that she doesn't understand....

Then my in-law started yelling loudly to her, at that time.. my maid was cutting the tomato....
    After 5 mins my maid couldn't stand it and told her to shut up , making sound like "shhhhhhh..........." but she was holding the knife...

Then.. my grandma accused my maid is frightening her with the knife... she ran upstairs 6am in the morning , waking me up, yelling that my maid is frigtening her with the knife.

She was yelling, and shouting then "either she leaves this house or I... bla bla bla" She looked like a crazy old woman, with her eye fully red and shaking.

Of course I can't make my in-law to leave the house, so I sent my maid away, the best maid which had been with me for 25 years. She used to look after me when I was a baby and now she's looking after my son.

My maid said she doesn't mind terminating the contract because she've been having enough with her.

What can I do about this old woman? Any domestic helper in here experienced his kind of affair when working with some elderly person?
    Last edited by yunyun; 09-06-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Joyce is offline Registered User
    I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but what a terrible situation to be in!

I hope things work out for you.

cemily is offline Registered User
    Yun yun, pls check pm.

tks

rgds

e

rani is offline Administrator
    That's terrible! I am so sorry for you. Hope you find another helper soon.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

mamamau is offline Registered User
    Yunyun,

I've sent you a private message. Please check your PM.

Thanks!

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User
    I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you. To be honest (and I know this is not easy for everyone), I would stand up to my in-laws if they reacted like that. I wouldn't allow another family member to dictate to me in that manner.

CK

yunyun is offline Registered User
    Thanks guys.

Yesterday evening my in-law rang me and asked when would I come back for dinner, I told her I will be arrived at around 7:30 or 8:00, she said that was late.... (excuse me, that's the usual time for us to have dinner.) I bet she was having a hard time with the baby for the whole day.
    After I reached home, she complained straight away about we pushed all the works for her to do. I told her you were the one who insist to send the helper away. Now the helper is gone and we expect you to manage all the housework, including look after the baby. This is the fact.
    We've been giving her the best place for her to live in, the biggest room for her to store all her stuffs (she has a strange behaviour of keeping rubbish in her room), a good helper to manage all the housework and baby. All she did was keep picking on my helper.
    OK now my helper is gone and she is complaining no one is helping her again.

The problem is, she didn't trust anyone. She built up a barrier against the public plus she've been "brain-washing" by those newspaper article about how the maids abuse the baby or stealing valuables in HK.

THAT IS NON-SENSE.

fly
    fly is offline Registered User
    Where does your hubby stand in all this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast