Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Problem for change formula stage 2

Yan
    Yan is offline Registered User

Problem for change formula stage 2

My little one just change to Stage 2 Cow & Gate on last week, when she is on her 6 months birthday. She turn out had 5-6 times poo poo per day. The contains of poo poo are ok, sticky or watering will depends on what she eat.
    The problem that I concern is 6 times of poo poo per day, is not normal. Is it mean that she cannot absorb or digest the Stage 2 yet? Should I go back to half stage 1 half stage 2, until she show not much poo poo. Any mum has same situation before? Any advise.

Beside, any good doctor for baby @ around Causeway Bay?
    Thanks

Blee is offline Registered User
    Hi Yan, my baby is 8 months now and he is still on #1 formula. I remember a pediatrician came to my prenatal class to give a talk and he said it is better to keep feeding the baby with #1 formula until he turns 1 year old. I didn't ask why but I guess maybe the #1 formula will be more mild and easier to absorb than #2 ?? Maybe go back to #1 formula for now and see if your baby still have the poo poo problem?

mrs momo is offline Registered User
    My paediatrician advised the same thing. I bought stage two for my baby at 6mths and my paediatrician basically told me off. I think he said the amino acids or protein...mmmm... (can't remember what exactly) is too strong in stage 2. Therefore my baby is still drinking stage one and will continue to do so until he turns one.

Yan
    Yan is offline Registered User
    Thanks all. Will change back to stage 1 today, see whether getting better result.